We WILL win the league next season.

NipHolmes said:
Bump.

The Charming Man aka The Milkman, cos he always delivers ;)
Good bump nipster
Amazing to think we are abt the same price to win next years prem as we were for this year
Few additions and less injurys and it will be three titles in four years

Lump on abt 2/1

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:
Bump.

Good bump nipster
Amazing to think we are abt the same price to win next years prem as we were for this year

Lump on abt 2/1

I will be putting £500 on the league this summer. I'm vert confident we will romp home.

Imo Liverpool will struggle with all the added expectation and Europe.

United will regain fourth, at the expense of Arsenal imo.

Chelsea will push us to the wire. I think Costa and another will be very strong for them and they will get close to 90pts.

With fewer injuries, we have Nastasic, Jovetic and Negredo to choose from. We also have a better DeMichellis rather than the liability he was earlier on, he's been exceptional since March.

Add Fernando, Mangala and Sagna to the mix. I think we will cover all bases and I think City in the semis of CL.

Super positive, I, we, have every reason to be.

Hope all is well Colin.

Championes, Championes!

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:
Bump.

Good bump nipster

Lump on abt 2/1
11/2 to win it the next 2 years and make it 3-in-a-row if you're that confident.

It will be very difficult next year unless we continue to strengthen the squad and route out the dead wood. The blokes in charge should know from last year that failure to strengthen means you usually end up short. Chelsea are likely to get Costa and if they sort out their scoring problems then they will be a huge threat next year. Lets not forget Chelsea conceded 10 less this year and had they scored anywhere near as many as us they could of walked the league. They will be a massive threat and we need to strengthen to get the number of goals we concede down.

I don't think United will be a threat because they have to basically completely rebuild their team next year and with a new manager they will still be in so called transition. Spurs could be more of a threat if they spend but it depends on the manager they get. Obviously Arsenal will get their usual 4th place unless they sack Wenger and start spending. Other than that, I can't see Liverpool being a threat if they end up having a run in a cup or in the CL, they only need 1 injury and they are completely stuffed. Everton don't have any money and I also think it is likely they will lose Barkley and that might damage their chances.

Next year I would take a challenge to the title along with our best Champions League run (if we are in it!). Would certainly take 2nd place to Chelsea if it meant a CL final because that is something we now have to aim for. We have to build on the double this year and until we have a truly world beating squad we can't just yet expect to challenge on all fronts. We could easily of had an FA Cup this year though if we had beaten Wigan but we might then of not won the league?

I think we will be like this year right up there and certainly think we will win it but I think a lot more focus will go on having a good European run than making sure we win the league. Everything is up for grabs though.

inbetween said:
It will be very difficult next year unless we continue to strengthen the squad and route out the dead wood. The blokes in charge should know from last year that failure to strengthen means you usually end up short. Chelsea are likely to get Costa and if they sort out their scoring problems then they will be a huge threat next year. Lets not forget Chelsea conceded 10 less this year and had they scored anywhere near as many as us they could of walked the league. They will be a massive threat and we need to strengthen to get the number of goals we concede down.

I don't think United will be a threat because they have to basically completely rebuild their team next year and with a new manager they will still be in so called transition. Spurs could be more of a threat if they spend but it depends on the manager they get. Obviously Arsenal will get their usual 4th place unless they sack Wenger and start spending. Other than that, I can't see Liverpool being a threat if they end up having a run in a cup or in the CL, they only need 1 injury and they are completely stuffed. Everton don't have any money and I also think it is likely they will lose Barkley and that might damage their chances.

Next year I would take a challenge to the title along with our best Champions League run (if we are in it!). Would certainly take 2nd place to Chelsea if it meant a CL final because that is something we now have to aim for. We have to build on the double this year and until we have a truly world beating squad we can't just yet expect to challenge on all fronts. We could easily of had an FA Cup this year though if we had beaten Wigan but we might then of not won the league?

I think we will be like this year right up there and certainly think we will win it but I think a lot more focus will go on having a good European run than making sure we win the league. Everything is up for grabs though.
Chelsea to goalscorers in the Premier League this year (Strikers)
Samuel Eto'o 9 League goals
Fernando Torres 5 League goals
Demba Ba 5 League goals
Total 19 goals scored by strikers
Chelsea Pl Goals = 71
Manchester City Pl goals = 102
Even adding Suarez on top of their existing strikers this year would only mean they ended level, Diego Costa won't solve their problems.

aguero93:20 said:
inbetween said:

Chelsea to goalscorers in the Premier League this year (Strikers)
Samuel Eto'o 9 League goals
Fernando Torres 5 League goals
Demba Ba 5 League goals
Total 19 goals scored by strikers
Chelsea Pl Goals = 71
Manchester City Pl goals = 102
Even adding Suarez on top of their existing strikers this year would only mean they ended level, Diego Costa won't solve their problems.

Same thoughts as me regarding Costa. Very good striker but its not just about one striker you have to have 2 or 3 reaching around the 20 mark in all competitions.

Personally I don't think Costa is 'all that'. He isn't a Suarez/Aguero type striker that frightens the life out of defenders, he's more like an old fashioned centre forward that isnt afraid of putting himself about, defenders in the PL will rather play against him than a Suarez/Aguero.

If we stay injury free (as best we can) then I think we will win it comfortably. Chelsea are still way off us in my opinion and this talk of 'they just need a decent striker' is rubbish, they need quality in midfield as well and I can't see JT going through another season in 4 competitions.

Liverpool will struggle given that their in the CL, they haven't got the money to put up a fight in the CL and the PL, and I think the pressure is on Rodgers to win something next season after what he has 'achieved' this season.

My early predictions as we stand (ill make another one when ive seen how the transfer windows go!!)

1 City
2 Chelsea
3 United
4 Liverpool
5 Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.