We WILL win the league next season.

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Chelsea have done that a few times in the last few years and everyone says they are the team to beat, the moral of the story is, it aint over till it's over, it's a bloody long season, and this season looks like it's going to be very competitive, even Spuds look like they could challenge. Many a trip and fall along the way
Chelsea are weaker at the back and weaker in defensive midfield than us. You'd be a brave man to argue that they are match for us as an attacking threat too, although that's their strength. They can't match aguero and they can't match silva.

They don't scare me one bit, Jose or not.
I agree with you I was just using them as an example about early season form it's a marathon not a sprint as they say

Well, they scare me, as do Tottenham. Very pacy, powerful squads being assembled at both those clubs. Chuck in the rags with their ability to relentlessly knock over all the lesser clubs in the division, and I'd say that leaves us left in a bun fight for 4th place with the Scousers and the Arse.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Chelsea are weaker at the back and weaker in defensive midfield than us. You'd be a brave man to argue that they are match for us as an attacking threat too, although that's their strength. They can't match aguero and they can't match silva.

They don't scare me one bit, Jose or not.
I agree with you I was just using them as an example about early season form it's a marathon not a sprint as they say

Well, they scare me, as do Tottenham. Very pacy, powerful squads being assembled at both those clubs. Chuck in the rags with their ability to relentlessly knock over all the lesser clubs in the division, and I'd say that leaves us left in a bun fight for 4th place with the Scousers and the Arse.

Here we go three games into a new season with new players and new manager scored eight conceded 3 were rubish lets give up!

NipHolmes said:
A win v Arsenal this weekend and we are top, winning the game in hand puts us three points in front.

We can do this, in Pelle we trust :)

The chavs will still be top nipster as i cant see them losing before us to stoke...

NipHolmes said:
A win v Arsenal this weekend and we are top, winning the game in hand puts us three points in front.

Lovely bump, nice to see those fearful united comments to now put in context, it amazes me that people thought moyes would do anything else but bring them down!

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:

The chavs will still be top nipster as i cant see them losing before us to stoke...

Ye of little faith, Colin.

I only ever feared Chelsea and knew they'd be there or abouts hence why I rate Jose as high as I do. All we can do is count down our games and treat each and every opponent with respect and go out looking for three points. I believe that we will do it, if we don't it'll be by a point, but I wholeheartedly believe we can do it.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
NipHolmes said:

Lovely bump, nice to see those fearful united comments to now put in context, it amazes me that people thought moyes would do anything else but bring them down!

Thanks Zin.

Fear does strange things to people, like suddenly rating Moyes. That ugly brother of Chris Evans was out of his depth from day one, the media created a narrative in the summer that it was an inspired appointment and he was the man to carry on the dynasty. Instead of mentioning that the likes of Martinez and Laudrup had more silverware with lesser sides and had better brands of football, more suited with todays requirements.

Moyes made his teams hard to beat at home, he got average players to play their hearts out at home and make things tough. His record against top opposition speaks for itself. United basically shot themselves in the foot from day one.

Where Arsenal screwed up is signing another att.mid player in Ozil when they really needed a top striker like Cavani or Costa.

Chelsea, well, we are fortunate that they never got a top striker in the summer and I understand they have one in the bag already. They have been left wanting upfront but next season this won't be the case. We have to ensure we tighten up at the back to make sure we are good next season, our weakness is at the back whilst Chelseas is upfront, both will strengthen further.

NipHolmes said:
NipHolmes said:

Thanks Zin.

Fear does strange things to people, like suddenly rating Moyes. That ugly brother of Chris Evans was out of his depth from day one, the media created a narrative in the summer that it was an inspired appointment and he was the man to carry on the dynasty. Instead of mentioning that the likes of Martinez and Laudrup had more silverware with lesser sides and had better brands of football, more suited with todays requirements.

Moyes made his teams hard to beat at home, he got average players to play their hearts out at home and make things tough. His record against top opposition speaks for itself. United basically shot themselves in the foot from day one.

Where Arsenal screwed up is signing another att.mid player in Ozil when they really needed a top striker like Cavani or Costa.

Chelsea, well, we are fortunate that they never got a top striker in the summer and I understand they have one in the bag already. They have been left wanting upfront but next season this won't be the case. We have to ensure we tighten up at the back to make sure we are good next season, our weakness is at the back whilst Chelseas is upfront, both will strengthen further.

2nd best defence in league with our back 4 is no mean feat, it also plays into why kompany is now being lauded as the worlds best, I genuinely believe we are a world class centre half away from having a real shot at the champs league, and I mean a real shot, Chelsea on the other hand need two strikers if you ask me, the position requires a great deal of luck to stay injury free throughout a season, one pull or break and they are back to square one, city on the other hand are showing why the strength in depth is carrying us through!

NipHolmes said:

Thanks Zin.

2nd best defence in league with our back 4 is no mean feat, it also plays into why kompany is now being lauded as the worlds best, I genuinely believe we are a world class centre half away from having a real shot at the champs league, and I mean a real shot, Chelsea on the other hand need two strikers if you ask me, the position requires a great deal of luck to stay injury free throughout a season, one pull or break and they are back to square one, city on the other hand are showing why the strength in depth is carrying us through!

Mangala and Fernando look nailed on to join us but I am in love with Benatia of Roma, what a player he is, trust me!

Hummels is a great CB I think we should go for him, injuries wrecked his campaign but he's top end.

Either way, we need one of the above in CB, Nastasic, DeMichellis and Rekik as cover. Replace Rodwell with Fernando. I'd like a LB. After these three buys we would imo have a complete squad.

Chelsea can't afford with FFP to get two of the strikers of the class they are buying. Allegedly £250kpw and a £60m transfer is heavy on the books and Luke Shaw as Cole's replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.