Wearing your City top in public

Don't tend to wear mine except on match day BUT I've never really had any issues out and about locally when walking the dog etc. Don't tend to wear it to away games (apart from Wembley against the rags), especially europeans. No point making yourself a target for nob-heads.

My son is nearly 8 and is the only city fan in school (they're all united or for some reason all fancy european teams ffs), he wears his shirt sometimes on none uniform days, but refused a city lunchbox in the summer as he says he will get grief for it and doesn't want to advertise. It really saddens me. His new teacher is a united fan who gets away with wearing a united lanyard (when kids aren't allowed even a backpack or any individuality) and has said twice "i don't like your bag" when he used a city carrier bag on a trip and similar last year when he was on gate duty. ok i am made to laugh it off as banter and a joke, and i'm sure he isn't being mean to 7 year olds - but i think it's a bit much, as to a sensitive kid (and a very sensitive mum!) i think it's not right cos is my son allowed to answer back and say i don't like your lanyard? If he did that he'd get stick and be given a tough time all year. Don't get me started on there's a teacher that has a year 6 class (so it's be years til my son has him) but he has a united flag above his classroom door and a large picture of the swamp pinned to the front of his desk. I don't think that's right, but my son has already pleaded with me not to make a fuss about any of this - so i can't say anything. But i know if i was in that class i wouldn't be able to focus with all that around, and i'm serious too.

I know the answer to this is city to be found not guilty on all the charges and me turn up at all parents evenings in my city gear and make sure they know in passing conversation that i've gone since 1985 and my family were city fans dating back to my great grandad in the 1930s, therefore we deserve to have the success and are not newcomer glory seekers. I'm sure i can work that into conversation, yes?!?! ;)

I don't know if anyone here remembers, but my son got to be on the team photo they do pre match, last season. The head (she's left) was actually a city fan and had him up on stage with the photo behind him on the big screen in assembly. He says afterwards he had many kids he didn't know having a go saying he'd faked the photo and that anyone can use photoshop.
And they call us bitter????
He's 7, he should be enjoying this!!
You can’t force him to enjoy it he will make his own way. Difficult if he is the only blue but normally humour is the answer. I don’t think he would be in trouble at 7 if he waited till United’s next loss (won’t be long) and said to the teacher “how did you get on at the weekend?” My daughter was teased in a very lighthearted way at primary by her red teacher and she laughed and said “your team is soooo awful I feel bad for you” They get on great. Boys can be more sensitive than girls though growing up. Sounds like you might be the one that is more annoyed!

True! I am annoyed more than him! But, he didn't like it, and is too shy to use a lunchbox. He wont say anything back though, even in jest, just takes it.. He was very hurt though that a ton of people picked on a day he was very proud of (being on the team photo) and accused him of photoshopping it and lying. I told him they're just jealous, and to be proud and enjoy the memory of doing it. He was so pleased they were going to show it in assembly, then the bitters started on him. I think it's that more than the united teachers that's made him not want to show his colours often.
He does love city though and i know that's what counts.
I'll let it slide. Just saw the thread and thought it was the ideal place to get off my chest about his bloody united teachers!!! Esp being allowed to turn the classroom into a united shrine. I've had a very very bad day though, so i think i'm just extra grumpy ;) :(

(and he is enjoying it btw!, being city!)

True! I am annoyed more than him! But, he didn't like it, and is too shy to use a lunchbox. He wont say anything back though, even in jest, just takes it.. He was very hurt though that a ton of people picked on a day he was very proud of (being on the team photo) and accused him of photoshopping it and lying. I told him they're just jealous, and to be proud and enjoy the memory of doing it. He was so pleased they were going to show it in assembly, then the bitters started on him. I think it's that more than the united teachers that's made him not want to show his colours often.
He does love city though and i know that's what counts.
I'll let it slide. Just saw the thread and thought it was the ideal place to get off my chest about his bloody united teachers!!! Esp being allowed to turn the classroom into a united shrine. I've had a very very bad day though, so i think i'm just extra grumpy ;) :(

(and he is enjoying it btw!, being city!)
Good for you. I can tell you are very proud of your son. His time will come. My daughter is a bit gobby now she is out of her shell, I sometimes feel sorry for her mates! She isn’t a huge footy fan but she is a determined sod. She heard a United lad saying to another lad he wasn’t a true supporter if he can’t name six of his teams players. That night she memorised City’s full squad, including Esbrand, while in the bath. She is waiting to be challenged.

Last edited:
Good for you. I can tell you are very proud of your son. His time will come. My daughter is a bit gobby now she is out of her shell, I sometimes feel sorry for her mates! She isn’t a huge footy fan but she is a determined sod. She heard a United lad saying to another lad he wasn’t a true supporter if he can’t name six of his teams players. That night she memorised City’s full squad including Esbrand while in the bath. She is waiting to be challenged.
I read your post, then read it again. Then I had to go back three posts to read the build up to it before I read it a third and final time.

I'm going straight to hell. Sorry - no idea how old your daughter is but the mistake I made was reading your post as "That night she mesmerised City's full squad including Esbrand while in the bath".

Wear mine all the time on the rare sunny days. Only get a reaction from fellow Blues shouting “Come on City”

Last week I was stood outside a supermarket wearing the 125 shirt with my dog. A bloke came up to me and was asking about my stupid dog. Then he said “I like your shirt” I said “Ta” then he stuck his leg out…it was steel from the knee down. I wondered what he was doing until he tilted it and I saw that he had a big MCFC badge on the front. We talked for ages until my wife and daughter emerged with the shopping. As he was going I shouted “great leg” He joked “ I’m getting the other one done tomorrow!”

Moral of the story. You will have more nice encounters than bad ones wearing a shirt.

I live in Clitheroe and, after Burnley, there are more City shirts here than any other team.

I think I only had one 115 ever to which I smiled and shouted 4 in a row. He smiled back.

Most people are OK. Just grow some balls and don’t go looking for trouble. That goes before, during and after 115.
Clitheroe has changed always used to be more rovers shirts than dingles, probably due to recent results

Wear mine in training or at work sometimes. Comments are usually from Liverpool and United fans. I Give a short lecture about Standard Chartered and Saudi Telecom and tell them to Sod off. Sometimes the scouse ones give me theories about Citys owners actually paying the VAR-crews wages. Then I just walk away. Don't feed the animals etc.

Certain situations can bring out the worst in people.

I’d been to Wrexham for the day to buy the new Wales shirt and wore it out in Birkenvegas to watch the Merseyside Derby. Some shithouse in the toilet threatened me and told me to leave by kick off. Turns out this Evertonian thought it was Liverpool.

I refused to accept his hasty apology and told him most of the pub were Liverpool as were the sisters who run it. Him and his three / four friends finished a game of pool and left. Before kick off.

I’ve never seen him since.

I wear my pin everywhere I go. Fuck anyone who wants to say something, sad bastards.
1726498863098.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.