Weekend break in London.

I'd go for the big ticket items if you have not been before. Start in Trafalgar Square, take photo of wife on lion or next to fountain. Walk down The Mall. Buckingham Palace. Tea with the Queen. Changing of the Guard. Walk through St James Park. Over to Horseguards. Take photo of wife next to soldier. On to Whitehall. 10 Downing Street. Get wife to chat up coppers and they may let you in for a photo. Down to Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Take a bus to St Paul's and have a sit on the steps and relax.

Is the Planetarium still going? I remember going there many times as a kid, great place, especially the 'Laser Rock ' show in the 70's

I love going to London. Try and go about 3 times a year and jus explore and visit museums, theatres and different pubs. It is a wonderful city. Without doubt in the top 3 of any city in the world in my opinion.

So my missus has decided she would like to go to London for a long weekend at the end of October, although we are both in our 50's neither of us have ever been to there before.

Can't be arsed driving so we're going to book the train, she wants to go sightseeing and would like to go to Camden town,

Anyone able to offer any advise on what part of London we would be better heading to?
Brighton

I love going to London. Try and go about 3 times a year and jus explore and visit museums, theatres and different pubs. It is a wonderful city. Without doubt in the top 3 of any city in the world in my opinion.

I’d put Berlin, Stockholm, Dublin and Istanbul up as more pleasurable visits. I’ve never been to New York but that’s got to be class too.

One thing that’s ruined London is gentrification. Even regular areas like Bethnal Green are filled with scruffy hair, beards and vintage clothes. You can’t move for pretentious tossers.

Went "down south" for Uni and had some great times but glad to get away in the end for better quality of life.
20yrs since I escaped so much may have changed.

Usually long queues for Madame Tussauds, but not so much for the Planetarium...so I recall the trick used to be to go for the Planetarium and you could then walk through to the waxworks. saves a bit of waiting.

West Kensington to stay may be handy as you have the museums all pretty close, Natural History/Sciene/V&A
Also Greenwich for the Cutty Sark, the market, the park and The Observatory for a day. If you fancy a quick (and it would have to be very quick) trip round the Tower of London and subject to church services starting by then. If you say you are going to a church service at the Chapel inside the Tower then you get free admission for duration of the service + a little while after.

Prem inn across from Parliament ..at the heart of it all

end of Oct for two nights 92 quid.

I’m happy in places like Malaga or Bratislava size wise. They’re quite central so you can get around easily.

London is just too big and it’s ££££££££££s to live central.

Prem inn across from Parliament ..at the heart of it all

end of Oct for two nights 92 quid.
Just when Boris will be shutting everything down again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.