Weekend break in London.

West / South West is very snooty. I don't dislike the East End but there's still this attitude amongst many locals that non-Cockneys are there to be trodden on. Like we're not welcome. I've met some very snide cunts.

I lived in Hounslow for a while. Not the most desirable of places and it always got a raised eyebrow or pitying look whenever I mentioned it in work. I lived in a flat with a load of Indian chefs and never went hungry! And they were always up for a drink as well.

The sheer variety of London makes it what it is. I could step out of the door and have Nepalese, Portuguese, Latvian cafes amongst others all in walking distance. For a lad fresh out of uni with more money in my pocket then I previously had, it was absolutely the place to be. Could get on a tube and go and watch a London club at home - went to Fulham a few times.

Oh dear. That place doesn't make me want to go in - I think it's still there anyway, not been that way for months.
A mate and I went in and were made out immediately as not locals, we figured one pint to save face and then out. We sat down and within two minutes these two lavarly young women came and sat with us, followed two minutes later by about four Chavs who wanted to know why we were trying to pick up their girls. We chugged our beers and legged it without saying a word

A mate and I went in and were made out immediately as not locals, we figured one pint to save face and then out. We sat down and within two minutes these two lavarly young women came and sat with us, followed two minutes later by about four Chavs who wanted to know why we were trying to pick up their girls. We chugged our beers and legged it without saying a word

Sounds like the perfect start to a brawl, bad sounds of dubbed punching, people exiting by the window, etc.

There are some pubs that just seem unwelcoming. Chavness can go hand in hand with that.

Go regularly for a West End, museums, galleries jolly.
After a couple of days glad to get away from it.
Great place to go.
Not a place to be.
Feel like a stranger in my own land.

had the misfortune of going down there to work on a flat refurb for about 3 week, fuckin couldn't wait to get back, traffic was shit, pubs were shit, beer was shitter, chippys were shit and the people were weirdos, let on to someone in the street and they'd sidestep you then walk as fast as they could without running while keep looking over their shoulder, shit.

had the misfortune of going down there to work on a flat refurb for about 3 week, fuckin couldn't wait to get back, traffic was shit, pubs were shit, beer was shitter, chippys were shit and the people were weirdos, let on to someone in the street and they'd sidestep you then walk as fast as they could without running while keep looking over their shoulder, shit.

That’s it.

I got transferred here in 2005 with HSBC. I didn’t settle and was ready to go before meeting a girl I believed was my future wife! I wish I hadn’t now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.