Weiss

I reckon the club were just happy to get him off the books,i get the impression he was a bit of a nob.

CTID101 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
CTID101 said:
Peanuts?

Yeh because clubs were fighting over him. Fucking hell.

You make it sound like Real came in with a 20m bid and we said nah, here you Pescara just give us a mil.
Yes peanuts we got 1mill for him, even Obertan who was absolute shite at United went for 3million. Weiss has good loan spells at Rangers and Espanyol yet we got fuck all for him we may as well as just kept him as a squad player instead of buying Sinclair.
Well when no wants him what do we do? tell the only team interested he will be 20m.

Well Newcastle wanted Obertan and offered 3m so he went for that. Pescara wanted Weiss and offered 1m and no one else made a bid so we sold him not that hard to work out.

Likelihood is that Mancini doesn't rate him and besides he probably didn't want to stay and either be stuck on the bench or not in the team.

He has been on pre seasons etc in the past before so had plenty of time to make an impact and he hasn't impressed. End of.
Sorry but selling Weiss for a million is just crap business whichever way you look at it, same with De Jong (3.5million ffs).

greasedupdeafguy said:
same with De Jong (3.5million ffs).

Or maybe not....

Besides DJ had no intention of sticking around,he was holding out for the move and probably hoping for a free.

FantasyIreland said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Or maybe not....

Besides DJ had no intention of sticking around,he was holding out for the move and probably hoping for a free.
True but what does 3.5mill really do for us we may as well just kept him for one last season (he may have even signed a new contract). Wasnt De Jong in the last year of his contract when we signed him and we payed about 16 mill for him.

greasedupdeafguy said:
FantasyIreland said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Or maybe not....

True but what does 3.5mill really do for us we may as well just kept him for one last season (he may have even signed a new contract). Wasnt De Jong in the last year of his contract when we signed him and we payed about 16 mill for him.

Was he not about to renew at Hamburg? So they had us over a barrell i recollect.
Anyway,i think you missed my point,i believe we got a good few quid more than the misreported 3.5m.

greasedupdeafguy said:
CTID101 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Yes peanuts we got 1mill for him, even Obertan who was absolute shite at United went for 3million. Weiss has good loan spells at Rangers and Espanyol yet we got fuck all for him we may as well as just kept him as a squad player instead of buying Sinclair.
Well when no wants him what do we do? tell the only team interested he will be 20m.

Well Newcastle wanted Obertan and offered 3m so he went for that. Pescara wanted Weiss and offered 1m and no one else made a bid so we sold him not that hard to work out.

Likelihood is that Mancini doesn't rate him and besides he probably didn't want to stay and either be stuck on the bench or not in the team.

He has been on pre seasons etc in the past before so had plenty of time to make an impact and he hasn't impressed. End of.
Sorry but selling Weiss for a million is just crap business whichever way you look at it, same with De Jong (3.5million ffs).
So lets say you have a business selling boats.

You have a boat for sale at 70k, it is costing you money in fees to keep it moored and maintained not one person has come to look at the boat and the area you are in is in deep recession so the chances of selling it are virtually nil.
You get an offer of 40k, do you accept and just take the loss or say no and keep paying the 10k a year in mooring and maintenance fees just because your mate says the boat is worth more and his mate sold one for 100k.

I hate Marwood but what else was he to do in this situation, he would have been touting him about all summer and the mighty Pescara are the only team to come in for him so he simply has to sell or he keeps a player and tells Mancini yeh we didn't sell him so we will keep paying him 20-30k a week for doing nothing because I know you don't want him and he won't be used.

Besides is it not best for the lad to leave and go and have a career somewhere rather than be frozen out of the first team and left playing with the young lads.

If you think you could have got money for NDJ and Weiss I suggest you send your CV into City because clearly you think you know more than the people do at our club and could have made more money.

I met Weiss when I were living in barcelona last year (he was on loan at Espanyol) at a night club, and talked to him a few minutes about his City career.. He said that since the day Mancini signed they didnt talk once, and he was never given a chance to prove himself. He did say he loved playing for City and everything about the club but aslong as Mancini is at the club he was never going to play. Shame really..

greasedupdeafguy said:
FantasyIreland said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Or maybe not....

I think that's a myth mate. Can't remember the exact story but something to do with triggering a contract extension meaning he couldn't have left much cheaper at the end of the season

blightee said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdrxxp3ju8&feature=related[/youtube]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdrxxp3ju8&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOdrxxp3 ... re=related</a>
Going to be a star
why did we buy sinclair again?

With marking like that who needs goalkeepers.

Sorry for going off topic but £3.5 million for De Jong? Did you get that out of the Sun or something?

Even SSN acknowledged it was above £10million

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.