Welbeck vs Balotelli

lol

England are really shite in the striker department nowadays. A few years back we had plenty of quality strikers to choose from (Shearer, Owen, Fowler, Cole, Ferdinand, Sheringham etc.) and now we have Danny fucking Wellbeck!

Put it this way, Mario would be the 3rd name on the team sheet for England, behind Rooney and Hart, if he were English.

Mario vs Wellbeck? PMSL

nashark said:
hecandothatfromrange said:
nashark said:
I've played with and against Welbeck and obviously at that level, he was a monster purely because of his athleticism. At this level, along with Balotelli, they're both pretty ordinary.

Balotelli has Welbeck's athleticism but when he cuts in on his right, Balotelli has one of the best shots in the game. Other than that, if you consider the importance of first touch and being able to pass, that's not enough - they're both substandard. They obviously have a certain bit of talent, but the game's no longer about athlete's. You can cheat the stats for a while, but you'll eventually get found out. Balotelli's lucky he has somebody who has a lot of faith in him in Mancini. I don't think many other top level managers would want anything to do with him.

What Welbeck has over Balotelli is reliability, work-rate and probably intelligence (though by no means is he a clever player), all drummed into him from being brought up in England.

Welbeck's more of a man as well, but Balotelli is more talented.

Nah, sorry but you're wrong. Balotelli's an intelligent player. Certainly considerably more intelligent than most strikers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his 'media eccentricity' was all fabricated. His talent has been cited by the most revered of football statesmen, Mourinho, Mancini, Fergie etc..... You obviously know more than them.

What's Fergie said about him?

Mourinho might have thought he has a certain degree of talent, as I think he does, but I very much doubt he thinks Balotelli is intelligent as he most clearly is not. He makes some good runs, but he has not got a brain for football. I seem to remember Balotelli hardly ever getting a game at Inter.

is that why his goal scoring record was better then ronaldos and Messis at the same age while at Inter, all his goals came from sub appearances, and was bought for 24 million?

Whichever rag fans who firmly hold the belief that Danny Welbeck is better than Super Mario are high. Mario is 21 and is already one of the best strikers in the league. He has scored in near enough every start this year and has 11 goals , Welbeck doesn't come close.

Blue Elmo said:
Whichever rag fans who firmly hold the belief that Danny Welbeck is better than Super Mario are high. Mario is 21 and is already one of the best strikers in the league. He has scored in near enough every start this year and has 11 goals , Welbeck doesn't come close.
we should be comparing Balotelli to Sturridge rather than Welbeck.

Even Balotelli acknowledged Strurridge as evidenced by him shaking sturridge's hand when he was being subbed on Monday.

Welbeck is good(better than Carroll although thats not saying much) but he is nowhere near Balotelli.

lol @ Tosic vs Messi loooool You're right! That is on a par to this Welbeck v Balotelli thread

When Balotelli was 15/16ish & they have I think it's called the Primera Balotelli had recently moved to Inter & was tearing it apart, he had his own clothing line & his general demeanor was as if to say he thought he was God's gift to the world.

I like youthful arrogance myself, he couldn't understand at one point why the likes of Adriano, Vieri, Ibra etc was in front of him, (I forget the exact strikers)

I bring this up, because very early on Mario Balotelli would let it be known that he only considers that a handful of players are worthwhile.

Like very, very few, he admits that Rooney is better than he initially thought, but, still maintains he is better.

His acknowledgement of Sturridge is telling.

This thread should be locked as its obviously a piss take. Reading some of the comments im sure some of the haters now have egg on their face.

We can scoff and discount Wellbeck all day long but it doesnt make him a bad player. Yes he isn't maybe as good as Mario but he is a very different sort of player anyway.

Don't see the need to make the comparison.Some rag saying he is the better player is like Adrian Durham going off on one to see what reaction he gets.Just pointless responding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.