Welcome Claudio Echeverri | Will join up with first team squad in January (p 16)

Is there anything to stop clubs having a side agreement to renew a contract every year for the first three season, raising it to eight as the Chavs have done?
I've not looked at the new ruling in truth to be able to say so perhaps there is, but this was a point i made when many rival fans (not us) were moaning and claiming chelsea were somehow "cheating."

new contracts extend the amortisation period and lower the annual figures. So £100 million over 8 years is a simple £12.5m a year. same figure over a 5 year contract with annual 1 year extensions for the first 3 years would mean £20m, £16m, £12.8m, then £10.24m over the last 5 years. As you can see, there's still a noticeable and immediate advantage for the straight 8 year method but the advantage quickly dissapears.

we assume chelsea did it for immediate reasons to make sure they complied with ffp as it's the only thing that makes sense. given how much they spent, they probably allowed themselves £20-30 million more spending for that year at the cost of years 4-8 of those contracts limiting their spending for that period by doing it which is one extra bang average player and isn't the crazy loophole nutjobs were claiming.

I think the contract length is generous enough seeing as he's an 18 year old Argentinan rookie. Prudent business i think.
Given his relatively small cost, the low wages he'll be on and his age, I don't think there's any risk at all in getting an extra year or 2 onto the contract to give ourselves more security.

I don't think it's a problem or anything, I suspect we will extend it fairly quickly if needs be it just stood out as peculiar.

If he comes next January, spends 6 months here to settle in and doesnt really feature and then say he does a year at Girona or somewhere else on loan similar to Perrone's route, he'll be down to 2 years by the end of that. Just a bit odd, that's all.

If he turns out to be even half as good as the likes of Zabba, Kun and Julian, he'll do for me.

I haven't forgotten Tevez, by the way. But he blotted his copybook with his falling out with Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.