Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't annoy me that the City players didn't react aggressively to the incident. Seeing that clip just shows imo that they were oblivious to the malicious nature of it all. Even Haaland himself I think only realized after the game how sinister it was.

He bent over and screamed in Alfie's face while he was lying injured on the ground. I know Dunney was pissed most of the time but there's no chance he didn't notice that.

People complain about how soft the game is now but if a tackle like that was put in on one of our players today then it would kick the fuck off. Maybe that just shows how good the actual team is now, where they stand up for each other.

It doesn't annoy me that the City players didn't react aggressively to the incident. Seeing that clip just shows imo that they were oblivious to the malicious nature of it all. Even Haaland himself I think only realized after the game how sinister it was.

It annoys me that Keane still hasn't apologised for being so immature. Keane was lauded for his ruthless determination before and after this incident. He obviously struggled to control that... made worse by the media and his fans glorifying that. I can understand as a young man failing to have perspective but as he should by now be able to express to the world and Haaland personally that his behaviour was completely unacceptable.

I used to hate Keane passionately for all the united crap but also for the World Cup shenanigans. He represented for me as a Cork lad everything rotten in my youth. But now I don't hate him anymore. I have done enough stupid shit myself to be such a hypocrite. I would like though if kids these days heard from people like Keane that overstepping the mark is not OK.

(It's the likes of Fernandinho that should be the example for kids... not Keane)

Fair play mate, it's a reasoned mentality and I respect what you're saying, but I just can't agree. Ever since that incident happened I watch that clip and can't understand the reactions of the City players. It's not a tackle, it's a violent assault, which he subsequently boasted about in his book, which led to a separate FA charge.

As for Keane. The simple truth is he is now and always has been a loathsome, entirely self centred individual. Noel Gallagher once described Liam as ''a man with a fork in a world of soup''. It's a fitting description for Roy Keane.

For all his faults, Roy Keane is an intelligent guy and he's done well to use his persona to forge a career in TV, after his many failures as a coach.

David Bernstein summed up how I feel about Roy Keane and this incident: ''It was done in cold blood. I have never forgiven Keane for that. I think, frankly, it's dreadful he's accepted in football the way he is. After doing something like that, I think it's absolutely appalling.'' (Quotes from March 2021).

On a more positive note, one of the most intriguing things about signing Erling is his mentality, he seems a born winner, someone who is convinced he is or is going to be the best in the world. I think at times, particularly in the Champions League, we have doubted ourselves, been the victims of our own downfall. Maybe its someone like Erling with this mentality (not to mention his ability and talent), that is going to be the difference maker. I hope so anyway!

He bent over and screamed in Alfie's face while he was lying injured on the ground. I know Dunney was pissed most of the time but there's no chance he didn't notice that.

People complain about how soft the game is now but if a tackle like that was put in on one of our players today then it would kick the fuck off. Maybe that just shows how good the actual team is now, where they stand up for each other.
Things would have been slightly different with Andy Morrison on the pitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.