Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly he was a hopeless signing. I went with dad to watch him at Maine Rd vs West Brom. He scored an absolute cracker. It’s the only contribution he made. Heady days. Sell your best players and replace with poorer or untried players.
I was there for his debut at Maine Road. Same game as Steve Daleys home debut.

I was there for his debut at Maine Road. Same game as Steve Daleys home debut.
BigDaveW
Strange times weren’t they. Really exciting in one way as new shiny players arrived thick and fast and many thought Allison mark2 would be a repeat of the original. I remembered yesterday that Peter Barnes ripped us a new one at the game vs West Brom where Stewart Lee scored. Talk about self destruct!

I don’t think City will have to change the way we play. The amount of times the ball is rolled across the area and crosses come in to provide the opposition centre half with heading practice is crazy. The only difference next season is the Haaland will be on the end of them.
The difference might be that there is on less attacking midfielder in the buildup (real 9 versus false 9).

He also goes on to say hes been told haaland can't just take gabbys number unless he leaves. If its already been agreed that he's getting the no.9 then gabby is definitely leaving otherwise he may be announced with a number other than no.9, which would be a bit mad- especially if gabby then goes and leaves anyway..

Frankly he was a hopeless signing. I went with dad to watch him at Maine Rd vs West Brom. He scored an absolute cracker. It’s the only contribution he made. Heady days. Sell your best players and replace with poorer or untried players.
It was a bizarre signing. One of many at the time.

He also goes on to say hes been told haaland can't just take gabbys number unless he leaves. If its already been agreed that he's getting the no.9 then gabby is definitely leaving otherwise he may be announced with a number other than no.9, which would be a bit mad- especially if gabby then goes and leaves anyway..
Unless he is announced without a number maybe?

Unless he is announced without a number maybe?
Unless the belief is that gabby deal with another club, arsenal for example, is v close to being wrapped up and they'll wait for his official signing at arsenal to release haaland. For example if it gets wrapped up as soon as the transfer window officially opens.

You may also be right though that part of the announcement at least the media content will have no number. It didn't look like he had a number when he was walking around CFG. Maybe they are holding out for this big meet and greet to unveil his number. By then gabby may have left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.