Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this signing bring that invincible aura kind of feel we had in 2017/18 or 18/19? It certainly feels like we could tear apart anyone on any day after this...

Sergio never achieved it, so maybe you are.

Given he's still young and has a few injury issues, I doubt Pep will suddenly change his philosophy and play a forward for 90 minutes of every match.
Didn’t Sterling get 33 the other year while also having his share of missed sitters?

It’s not that impossible

He'll score loads of goals, but with Alvarez also joining he'll probably be rotated to a certain extent

Lewandowski on his first season with Pep scored 25 goals which was less than all his seasons at Dortmund except his first. He really blew up on his second season at Bayern. I think it’ll be different with Haaland because we are already the team with the highest goal scoring in top flight leagues and unlikely 2014/15 Bayern, this isn’t Pep’s first season at the club
I do think there's going to be a pretty significant learning curve for him as I've said before. It's possible our games will be more open with him thus stretching the field allowing him to thrive behind defenses but on the whole I think we'll still dominate possession and he'll have defenders all over him in/around the box, which wasn't necessarily the case more often than not at Dortmund.

Sergio never achieved it, so maybe you are.

Given he's still young and has a few injury issues, I doubt Pep will suddenly change his philosophy and play a forward for 90 minutes of every match.
Haaland averages a goal a game wherever he goes/in any competition - plus it's all competitions. He will play at least 45 games. I think it's a good bet.

I'm not just excited for his talent and goals, but what he will do for those around him?

There's that saying a high tide lifts all boats, and I think Erling will be that person.

Just as Ronaldo was for Real Madrid, as Bale has been for Wales, what Van Dijk has been for the Dippers.

I don''t think we have had this kind of player since Vinny left?

While acknowledging what KDB, Sergio/Dave do/did for us, in terms of stepping up in some big moments, there is a physical aura and arrogance from Haaland which I think could bring the likes of Raheem and Jack to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.