Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding Haaland and Alvarez to the squad gives Pep so many options now.
Does he play both, one or the other, neither and go back playing with the false 9???
I bet Pep loves this and his mind is working overtime thinking of all the different ways we could play.

Remember how we had the best set piece stats last year? Imagine adding a 6ft4 striker into that mix. Erling probably reaches that ball first. But if you say for instance we're playing two of Laporte, Dias and Stones plus Rodri you're gonna have four tall players going in for that ball with likely only two tall centre backs to mark em.

Corners are gonna be interesting

rdf3473wt5d2DSCAa1r-o.png

It was 31, and Sterling is also notoriously robust and played 4000 minutes that season. His conversion rate that year was better than the likes of Salah and Mane, and he scored above his xG, so he wasn't missing any more sitters than other top strikers.

In terms of minutes, none of the other attackers have ever got close to that figure under Pep (Kev has, but he's playing further back much of the time). The main rotation happens up front and last season, Phil was our front player with the most minutes and he played the equivalent of 35 full games across all competitions. Haaland has only had one season where he played over 3000 minutes, and even then, was nearly 500 minutes less than that Sterling season.

The Bundesliga is also a lot easier than the PL (which is a lot harder than the CL and international football), so you would expect some drop off in scoring rates.

I'm really excited for him - and think it'll be fascinating to see how he plays, and how City work with him, but I just don't think we'll flog him to death given how many injuries he's picked up already in his career. He's at City as a long term player, and we don't desperately need extra goals in every game we play.
I've used a £5 free bet and stuck it on 40+ PL goals at 250/1 with Sky Bet. While highly unlikely, I don't believe it's impossible but it's 250/1 for a reason. No player has scored 40 or more league goals in a season in England's top flight since the 1950s. And these days it's a 38 game season as opposed to 42 games. Also, I totally agree about the difference in quality in both leagues and that he won't play every game even if he's fit. Let's say he starts 28-30 of the 38 games and suddenly 40+ goals is looking even more difficult.

All that said, and granted the bookies rarely get it wrong, I do believe the 250/1 on offer is very generous and worth punting a few quid. I made £400 off Sky Bet in the 2017/18 season when they offered 20/1 that we would score 104+ PL goals. I thought that was overpriced at the time and I think this bet is overpriced too, along with the Bet365 35+ goals in all competitions bet. Edit: Just seen the Bet365 bet is PL goals only at 20/1, not goals in all comps so that's not too good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.