Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done 40+ goals at 250/1. Easy money ;-)
PL goals
9ff9c888ebc1bc2f4718e5b71472f9c9.jpg

So looking forward to seeing this Guy play.

despite all the goals we score collectively as a team.

I think we all realised, and accepted, that we needed changes up front, to make the change from "nearly Champions of Europe", to "Champions of Europe".

I think Erling is the missing Piece.

Didn’t Sterling get 33 the other year while also having his share of missed sitters?

It’s not that impossible
It was 31, and Sterling is also notoriously robust and played 4000 minutes that season. His conversion rate that year was better than the likes of Salah and Mane, and he scored above his xG, so he wasn't missing any more sitters than other top strikers.

In terms of minutes, none of the other attackers have ever got close to that figure under Pep (Kev has, but he's playing further back much of the time). The main rotation happens up front and last season, Phil was our front player with the most minutes and he played the equivalent of 35 full games across all competitions. Haaland has only had one season where he played over 3000 minutes, and even then, was nearly 500 minutes less than that Sterling season.

The Bundesliga is also a lot easier than the PL (which is a lot harder than the CL and international football), so you would expect some drop off in scoring rates.

I'm really excited for him - and think it'll be fascinating to see how he plays, and how City work with him, but I just don't think we'll flog him to death given how many injuries he's picked up already in his career. He's at City as a long term player, and we don't desperately need extra goals in every game we play.

It was 31, and Sterling is also notoriously robust and played 4000 minutes that season. His conversion rate that year was better than the likes of Salah and Mane, and he scored above his xG, so he wasn't missing any more sitters than other top strikers.

In terms of minutes, none of the other attackers have ever got close to that figure under Pep (Kev has, but he's playing further back much of the time). The main rotation happens up front and last season, Phil was our front player with the most minutes and he played the equivalent of 35 full games across all competitions. Haaland has only had one season where he played over 3000 minutes, and even then, was nearly 500 minutes less than that Sterling season.

The Bundesliga is also a lot easier than the PL (which is a lot harder than the CL and international football), so you would expect some drop off in scoring rates.

I'm really excited for him - and think it'll be fascinating to see how he plays, and how City work with him, but I just don't think we'll flog him to death given how many injuries he's picked up already in his career. He's at City as a long term player, and we don't desperately need extra goals in every game we play.

I think he plays every game he's fit. I think that may have even come up in the discussions prior to the transfer. He's used to being the main man no way will he have signed if we said "Pep's gonna bench you for half the games."

Anyone else still have that nagging feeling that we've missed out here, landing this wet behind the ears kid rather than the legend that is Kane?
Anyone else still have that nagging feeling that we've missed out here, landing this wet behind the ears kid rather than the legend that is Nunez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.