Welcome Jack Grealish!

Does anybody else find it a bit cringy this unveiling of Jack Grealish. He's a fine player but it's played out like we've signed a superstar from another planet
Just think of ALL the positive coverage we can get from his signing - and shirt sales that will rival those of the aging superstars (or the pretenders at the swamp!

Does anybody else find it a bit cringy this unveiling of Jack Grealish. He's a fine player but it's played out like we've signed a superstar from another planet
Someone at the club thinks he's a star, he's clearly a lad who enjoys and thrives with a spotlight, they'll have done good numbers in the shop, and it's not uncommon in Europe to do similar things. I'm fine with it even if you wouldn't catch me there!

Like it or not but he's our 'Beckham'

His image alone will attract many new fans and pay much of his fee back,our club is rightly taking full advantage of that fact.

In this current climate and especially as far as England players go,he is as Superstar as it gets - a wonderful signing on every level.

Generation thing and your showing your age.

In saying that, when Trevor Francis was signing for City, I remember staying outside Maine Road all day, with many more, so does anything change?

I don't like it but it's not designed for my age group, we need kids supporting the club and buying the merch, no English player does better than that at this time than Grealish.

The only issue that the hype is matched on the pitch.

He is a superstar in this country. I would have loved that as a kid and to be honest, I have found myself feeling a bit like a kid with it too!

We have been blessed with some great signings in recent times but when I look back on the ones I have been most excited about the Tevez and SWP signings stand out for me. This one gives the same giddy feeling for me! Think he will be fantastic for us.

Kane despite being capable of breaking Shearer's record and one of the best in Europe would feel underwhelming for some reason. Think if he had calves like a greek god and a silly haircut I would be all over that as well!

Doesn't leave a lot of room for the spectacular unveiling of £130m Kane.

I doubt there'd be such a thing. While I think City fans can build a relationship with Grealish, I don't think it'll be possible with Kane. They're 2 very different personalities and I don't think Kane will be met with nearly the same level of enthusiasm and fandom as Grealish.

Well you would be wrong raz
It's not something I would go to but considering the last 18 months people have had, I have absolutely no problem with a family heading out to see our most expensive player of all time (probably our most exciting signing for a few seasons) and making a day of it. If something brings joy to folk, a lot of folks if you watched the footage, then who is anyone to downplay or question that just because it's not to someone's taste?

Just buzz killing for the sake of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.