Welcome Jack Grealish!

Does anybody else find it a bit cringy this unveiling of Jack Grealish. He's a fine player but it's played out like we've signed a superstar from another planet
I’d say more different then cringe. I’m glad as many turned up as they did as it could have been pretty grim. He certainly seemed to enjoy it and I’d say the bond is set now, if it wasn’t already.
It’s time to move on now though. He’s ours, so let’s focus on the season ahead.

Does anybody else find it a bit cringy this unveiling of Jack Grealish. He's a fine player but it's played out like we've signed a superstar from another planet
I think it’s supposed to be cringey though. That’s what kids like. They need to be catered for just as much as us. Hundreds of kids turning up wearing headbands, they are obsessed with him and will remember that event for a long time.

You’ve been negative from the start so that won’t change now. For adults a bit yes, it’s not aimed at us though and the turnout considering the monsoon weather is all you need to know about the obsession with this man, added to the fact he’s the first 100m British player and our most expensive signing would suggest a bit more fanfare than normal. Get in touch with our pr department though, I’m sure they need some negative nobody from Bluemoon telling them what to do.

Like it or not but he's our 'Beckham'

His image alone will attract many new fans and pay much of his fee back,our club is rightly taking full advantage of that fact.

In this current climate and especially as far as England players go,he is as Superstar as it gets - a wonderful signing on every level.
Hope so mate

I doubt there'd be such a thing. While I think City fans can build a relationship with Grealish, I don't think it'll be possible with Kane. They're 2 very different personalities and I don't think Kane will be met with nearly the same level of enthusiasm and fandom as Grealish.
City: "We wont bother with any unveiling nonsense"
Kane: "Why not?"
City: "You are too boring."
PS. My previous post was facetious.

Not at all.
It’s just a bit of fun for the kids and for some of the more unfortunate ones will be the highlight of their summer holidays after the shit year or so a lot of them have had.
Well done City!

My daughter is 13 and isn't really into football, the only City player she could name was Vincent Kompany. She's been asking me about Jack Grealish though. Think he will add loads of interest to our team like Beckham did united. Just needs to marry Dua Lipa or someone and avoid Argentinians at the world cup.

This kind of stardom is bound to irritate some City fans. We are a grumpy bunch sometimes but most of the marketing etc isn't aimed at you so just ignore it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.