Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Unfortunately, it was BrazilianBlue (Gus).

I'd much rather have read what he had to say than the utter shite that makes up most of this forum. As melodramatic as he could be, at times, at least he was intelligent and posted useful information.
Shame I thought he was fine with some interesting insights. Seemed to wind a few people up though.

I think Jesus is a good benchmark for Alvarez to try and emulate. They're very different players but are following similar trajectories. Both had breakout seasons in South America at decent sides, both have broken into their national teams (which is obviously a big deal considering their respective nationalities), and both were bought by City and allowed to remain at their current clubs a little longer before making the move. Both are also considered very raw but highly promising talents with a good eye for goal. Gabby arrived with us halfway through the season and went on to make 10 league appearances and score 7 goals. After that, he became a first team regular, more or less.

Alvarez may need a little longer to bed in, but as someone else earlier in the thread said, if he can get through his first season with half a dozen goals and let's say 15-20 appearances to his name, it won't have been a bad start.

It almost always takes players time to adapt to Pep's system, and this lad also needs to adapt to a whole new league, language, location, and way of life. I'm very hopeful he'll do well but, as with other signings, won't be judging him too harshly in the early months and will happily give him a year to settle in before drawing any conclusions.

I'd much rather have read what he had to say than the utter shite that makes up most of this forum. As melodramatic as he could be, at times, at least he was intelligent and posted useful information.
That’s a real shame - he was one of the few posters I’d read posts from in the transfer forum.

Zinchenko for one.
Not quite the scenario I mean but yes he did get loaned out and an unsuccessful one at that, he has done brilliantly to forge a career with us, love him.

I meant more the guys from South America we buy and then loan out and are never seen again, there have been quite a few, I feel if they don't get to City and be coached by Pep then they are not going to get used to his way of doing things asap, so it is like a little hint that they are more a bought for profit signing, that kind of thing.

Jesus came straight here after finishing his season with his club, and Kayky came straight to City, in fact, he came earlier, so I was looking at it as a positive that Alvarez looks likely to come here and train, hopefully, learn and get some game time, rather than be loaned to Spain and then never get back to City.

Right......I'm guessing this means that user has had their account deleted? Christ almighty, you must have to go some way to having an account deleted on here.

He was confrontational and controversial,but on many occasion only responding to provocation and,i'd even go as far as bullying by some.

He was a good contributor though,he offered an insight different to others.

I suspect he requested the account deletion himself,after all....he threatened it enough times.

I'm sure he will be back.

Yes he was very good despite his patronising and condescending demeanour.

Yes he was very good despite his patronising and condescending demeanour.
He replied to one of my posts misrepresenting what I had said then proceeded to explain why I am such a dolt for saying the things that I did not say. When others pointed out how I literally said the opposite of what he claimed ... he didn't retract and apologize. He was silent. Gus was trash. This place improved loads the day I put him on ignore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.