Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

A very exciting signing. I am hoping he would reach the Dybala and Martinez level, in terms of style and goal-scoring. Anything above and beyond would be a pure bonus.

And some people on here don’t think he’s going to make it at City. And he’s a CFG signing. We can sell him on and make a bit of a profit. Lol!

Right footed, left footed, can head the ball, fast, strong, timing, awareness, makes the right runs, and has many similarities of Sergio.

Again, I repeat, we paid just £2m less for Patrick Roberts seven years ago.
You keep quoting £12m. The total fee was actually up to £11m - £5m upfront and the rest in add-ons.

You might be right on Alvarez but why are you taking so much time and effort to put a negative slant on this? Let’s just wait and see.

Why would you prefer to be boca? They aren't known for producing good players. River is the biggest player producing club in South America.

In fact, we currently have quite a good bunch of young players that might be coming your way if it is true that there's some kind of deal between City and River.
It’s not Bruno Zuculini again? ;-)

It’s not Bruno Zuculini again? ;-)
Funny you mention that, Zuculini is currently in our squad and shares a room with Álvarez.

431c8697130e4107b98757f6736eaafa80d01476_2_554x1000.jpeg

This might have been intentional so that Zucu talks with Alvarez about life in Manchester. We also have this gem of a pic with both of them:

1643668636500.jpeg

Regarding Zucu, I don't know how the F he ended up with you. He was never all that good. We put up with him here because he very rarely plays and looks like a good guy. X )

You keep quoting £12m. The total fee was actually up to £11m - £5m upfront and the rest in add-ons.

You might be right on Alvarez but why are you taking so much time and effort to put a negative slant on this? Let’s just wait and see.
I made a single, solitary post saying I'd be surprised if he became a full-time City player. That's not taking time and effort to put a negative slant on this transfer, I'm just being cautious about a player I know very little about based on previous transfers we've made of this type and some quotes in the media today.

I was subsequently harangued by about 12 different people who all insisted I was writing Alvarez off despite saying nothing of the sort. All I've done since my original post in this thread is defend my original post from people who know just as much (and therefore just as little) as me but are keen to preserve a universally pro-City consensus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.