Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

FKb9eBNXMAA-Ved.jpg

Sorry for the out of context, but I liked this edit. Maybe some of you can photoshop City's shield and maybe add light blue to the red parts.

A great signing for City - i never wanted any of the older players being mentioned since Kuns departure, preferring a younger more hungry stamp of forward that Pep will mould into Sergio Aguero Mk2 the Revenge!! C'mon City

Excited by this one. Seems like he will fit right in at City. Quite cheap aswell considering he is an Argentinian international. Good business by the club.

Madness. Rated as one of the best youngsters in South American football and people seem to think he won't even play for us? I'm so glad we have so many people on here that have been included in the contract negotiations.
I think City know best Bob. We have a worldwide scouting system that is the envy of most, ask Liverpool they thought it was that good they hacked our systems to see how we do it.

A great signing for City - i never wanted any of the older players being mentioned since Kuns departure, preferring a younger more hungry stamp of forward that Pep will mould into Sergio Aguero Mk2 the Revenge!! C'mon City
Getting younger player’s in probably shows where Pep”s mind is at the moment and it probably tells us that he will sign an extension keeping him here a bit longer.

Sam Lee's article is out.

For those who can't get beyond the paywall, the main bit is this, imo:
Julian Alvarez may have been identified by that global army of scouts but he is no buy-to-sell investment, and on Monday, he celebrated his 22nd birthday by signing for City.

Although some at the club urge caution, arguing that he is more of a City Football Group signing than a purely City signing, the noises from sources closely involved in the deal are more encouraging.

They stress that he has the quality to contribute now, but given the competition for places in Pep Guardiola’s front line it could harm his development if he were to arrive immediately, so he will stay at River Plate until at least July.

That doesn’t suggest that, even at the age of 22, they consider him genuinely good enough to come in and tear up trees, a bit like Gabriel Jesus did at the age of 19 in January 2017, but the hope is that he will be able to do that in the next year.
Very much a wait and see. So, yeah, I'll do that. Happy to retract things I said yesterday. It's hypocritical of me to defend Grealish almost to the hilt because he's only been here 6 months and then judge a signing on the day it's been made. I'm not getting carried away, and I never wrote the guy off yesterday which meant that I just got pissed off when people accused me doing that, but I'm hopeful he is our future star.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.