Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

hasn't scored in his last 700+ mins of play according to a tweet I saw - got an assist at least in a Copa Libs road win tonight

Last edited:
hasn't scored in his last 700+ mins of play, according to a tweet I saw - got an assist at least in a Copa Libs road win tonight
I've been watching river play the last few games and they aren't really getting him any service.

Like the clip above shows, he is dropping to get on the ball and does great passes, so that's great.

His overall play is still good, he kind of reminds me of Mbappe, long legs for his body running style.

Slightly off topic, but this red card foul happened immediately before the first River Plate goal last night and the referee did nothing. If there was VAR in the Libertadores group stage (and one can suspect there isn’t so Conmebol can manipulate at their will), the goal wouldn’t have stood, or maybe I’m being naive. (The Alvarez assist was for the second goal)

Slightly off topic, but this red card foul happened immediately before the first River Plate goal last night and the referee did nothing. If there was VAR in the Libertadores group stage (and one can suspect there isn’t so Conmebol can manipulate at their will), the goal wouldn’t have stood, or maybe I’m being naive. (The Alvarez assist was for the second goal)

Bloody hell, I'd have given the bugger 3 red cards for that.

JA with 2 goals in the first half. River up 3-0. He's really playing well in this game so far. Looks like he's over his niggles and flowing around the field. THIS is what City invested in.

Better sign him up for 3, what a goal....

2nd half, pulled up limping at around the 60m mark, foot/ankle niggle - then gets his hat-trick with a rocket from the top of the area. Benched at 63m. lolz - hope somebody does an iso vid of his performance - got a sweet assist, too
3rd goal:

2nd half, pulled up limping at around the 60m mark, foot/ankle niggle - then gets his hat-trick with a rocket from the top of the area. Benched at 63m. lolz - hope somebody does an iso vid of his performance - got a sweet assist, too
3rd goal:

3 goals and an assist in 63 mins.

Opposition isn't great but all quality.

I don't think it'll take him that long to mesh with this team if he can score goals. Crazy situations he can score from, we haven't seen somebody who can do that for a while (a fit Aguero).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.