Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Slightly off topic, but this red card foul happened immediately before the first River Plate goal last night and the referee did nothing. If there was VAR in the Libertadores group stage (and one can suspect there isn’t so Conmebol can manipulate at their will), the goal wouldn’t have stood, or maybe I’m being naive. (The Alvarez assist was for the second goal)

As I suspected our Brasilian friend doesnt no much about South American football as both the Libertadores and Argentina league have VAR.
Good to see Julian back in the goals.He hasnt played well until this weeks two matches but neither has the team.

As I suspected our Brasilian friend doesnt no much about South American football as both the Libertadores and Argentina league have VAR.
Learn how to read. The Libertadores Cup has VAR at the knockout stages only, not at the group stages — which is LITERALLY what I said. And at what point in my post did I say anything about VAR in the Argentinian league?

It’s a shame though that your club gets away with the casual racism from its fans (not just the one idiot throwing a banana at fans of the Brazilian club Fortaleza, but also the dozens around him laughing at the situation in the video below)… You show up here once a week to complain about something I posted, maybe start caring about real issues.

Learn how to read. The Libertadores Cup has VAR at the knockout stages only, not at the group stages — which is LITERALLY what I said. And at what point in my post did I say anything about VAR in the Argentinian league?

It’s a shame though that your club gets away with the casual racism from its fans (not just the one idiot throwing a banana at fans of the Brazilian club Fortaleza, but also the dozens around him laughing at the situation in the video below)… You show up here once a week to complain about something I posted, maybe start caring about real issues.

The fan who had the banana IS a disgrace and has been banned from the Monumental.River has also been fined $30,000 by Conmebol. On this we agree but Bringing racism into a discussion completely unrelated to it merely shows your lets be charitable 'dislike' of all things Argentine and perhaps an inbuilt inferiority complex that maybe needs a referral

The fan who had the banana IS a disgrace and has been banned from the Monumental.River has also been fined $30,000 by Conmebol. On this we agree but Bringing racism into a discussion completely unrelated to it merely shows your lets be charitable 'dislike' of all things Argentine and perhaps an inbuilt inferiority complex that maybe needs a referral
WTF lmao!!! Inferiority complex about WHAT exactly? Isn’t it funny and telling that you think there is any inferiority complex in a situation about racism? I don’t dislike Argentina. I like your country a lot. I have visited your country three times as a tourist, I studied with Argentinians, I’ve worked with Argentinians, and made friends out of them. I am a big fan of many football players from your country (hopefully I’ll soon be turned into a fan of Julian, a player I like and see a lot of potential in). I also know and admire the cinema produced there profoundly. Etc etc.
You are deflecting from the fact you accused me of saying something I did not regarding.
Also, that fan has been banned from attending games for six months, a ridiculously short period, and there is absolutely no guarantee that this “punishment” will even be enforced. But the thing that bothered me the most in the video isn’t even the idiot himself, but the complacency of everyone around him, laughing along. Not a single person to show any indignation. And the same thing happened on the same day with Boca Juniors fans in Brazil and Estudiantes fans against another Brazilian club last week. A “coincidence” of course…
Ultimately, you are better off in this thread commenting on Julian without having to mention me every time for absolutely no reason

Brazilian and Argentinian fans arguing on a City forum!

Bloody hell! We really have become a global club!
The other poster isn’t a City fan, they’re a River Plate fan who joined to talk about Alvarez. And before they come angrily after me again: there is nothing wrong with that!!!

Really quite excited to see how this lad can do next season?! Obviously pep will bed him in gently but he does seem quite a talent and could end up being an absolute bargain!

Really quite excited to see how this lad can do next season?! Obviously pep will bed him in gently but he does seem quite a talent and could end up being an absolute bargain!
Me too . This guy could be an absolute superstar or a flop but I think he looks the business and it will work out fine .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.