Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

He was caught once on a hot mic telling a player to go for the ankle. Even Simeone isn’t that careless lol. You’ll soon see Abel Ferreira, Portuguese currently managing Palmeiras at a big European club, and Tite as well. Those two are excellent
Hahaha the literal comment was "you have to break his ankle there" but it was not meant to be taken literally. In Argentina that phrase means to commit a tactical foul. Not to allow the forward to escape you. It doesn't mean to go and actually try to hurt an opposing player. XD

oh man, i dont know tite well but abel doesnt even have a very good rep here in Portugal, nevermind a top 5 league. Jorge Jesus was also a god for flamenguistas and tanked hard on his second staying with benfica

Maybe its unfair but Gallardo's rep is way bigger in europe
(His)
Jorge Jesus never fooled me, he had no competition compared to Abel now, and Abel has grown immensely as a manager and shown academic expertise as well. I see him doing very well even in the Premier League. He’s already miles ahead of a Carlos Carvalhal who has his old job.

Tite is taking that Arsenal job very soon…

Hahaha the literal comment was "you have to break his ankle there" but it was not meant to be taken literally. In Argentina that phrase means to commit a tactical foul. Not to allow the forward to escape you. It doesn't mean to go and actually try to hurt an opposing player. XD
I remember Ole taking it literally though. But I’ll believe you there. It’s not like there aren’t many South American managers who do that haha (remember Simeone/Miranda/Messi?)

(His)
Jorge Jesus never fooled me, he had no competition compared to Abel now, and Abel has grown immensely as a manager and shown academic expertise as well. I see him doing very well even in the Premier League. He’s already miles ahead of a Carlos Carvalhal who has his old job.

Tite is taking that Arsenal job very soon…

Carvalhal is more of an attacking manager, its possible his style doesnt translate as well to a midtable squad but i like him more than Abel tbh.

But then again i also rated the Gremio guy, Renato something, his Gremio side with Arthur, Everton and Geromel played some good stuff, and he didnt last at Flamengo so...

Him and Haaland is a scary prospect.

Their partnership will a stuff of legends if their chemistry is going well next season.

Last edited:
Carvalhal is more of an attacking manager, its possible his style doesnt translate as well to a midtable squad but i like him more than Abel tbh.

But then again i also rated the Gremio guy, Renato something, his Gremio side with Arthur, Everton and Geromel played some good stuff, and he didnt last at Flamengo so...
Renato Portaluppi is a terrible manager lol his strength is mostly motivational. I don’t know how much of Abel you have been watching, but he’s turned into an attacking manager himself.

Him and Haaland is a scary prospect.

Their partnership will a stuff of legends if their chemistry is going well.
The front three of those two plus Foden COULD turn quite incredible. Or he could push Foden to the middle as has been alluded and add a certain Portuguese… think about that haha

Renato Portaluppi is a terrible manager lol his strength is mostly motivational. I don’t know how much of Abel you have been watching, but he’s turned into an attacking manager himself.

mostly libertadores finals ahah yeah, i understand but his Gremio team that won the libertadores(?) i think, played good, no?

mostly libertadores finals ahah yeah, i understand but his Gremio team that won the libertadores(?) i think, played good, no?
That team had the easiest path to that Libertadores title… trust me, he isn’t good. There is another good manager in Brazil right now: Rogério Ceni. You will hear more from him soon enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.