Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

feel like this is a direct replacement for gabby, has all the tools to play a similar game to him but maybe with a bit more potency in front of goal. probably why news of gabby potentially leaving seems very real as I cant see them both playing the same role.. I do think people will miss him more when he's gone purely on the work ethic and press he gave us. But this guy looks class and could fill that void perfectly! Foden, Haaland, Alvarez as our next generational front 3 oh my
And Palmer of course.
The future is bright

An interesting YT comp just appeared full of JA's bloopers. Shooters hit row z occasionally and passers misplace balls so those are normal, but notice his lack of close control in some of these clips. THIS is his weakness. I have coined a saying for him, "the less touches the better." Like Grealish said about being afraid of losing the ball and making Pep mad ... kid's first task will be improving his close control.

Reminds me a bit of Suarez from the little I’ve seen of him. Hopefully he doesn’t resort to cannibalism though….

An interesting YT comp just appeared full of JA's bloopers. Shooters hit row z occasionally and passers misplace balls so those are normal, but notice his lack of close control in some of these clips. THIS is his weakness. I have coined a saying for him, "the less touches the better." Like Grealish said about being afraid of losing the ball and making Pep mad ... kid's first task will be improving his close control.

eye opening.

eye opening.

You could make that same video out of any player that has ever existed including prime Messi.

From what I saw in the brief highlights of the game he scored 6 he's just what we have been lacking up front. Not that we don't score enough goals but he is calm and composed when through on goal and takes his chances. He is not for the 5 nil thrashings against the likes of say Norwich but giving us a 3-2 win against the Dippers!!

All we can tell about him is that he's obviously a natural finisher playing against dodgy defending who is almost certainly not on the level that will see him start for us quite yet in terms of touch, technique, and passing. But he's young and can bring something we lack to the team, so with good coaching and surrounded by class players, I think he could go on to be a valuable weapon in the arsenal. But don't expect that we've bought the next Pele just yet, ha.

what absolute prick took time to make that clip i wonder.. Really !

About half way through he has a shot thats like a rocket and goes not to far higher than the crossbar, call that a mistake ? Has anybody seen the howlers from our stars this season that went in to tier two, stones is class at them.

I have just watched the 6 goals in a single game he scored on youtube, guy looks even more lethal than Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.