Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

And you could make anyone look good too. Both points of view are eye opening.

Not many players score 6 in one game and have his record to be fair.

Also, I make a good Messi video and a bad Messi video. Anyone who knows football knows the bad video is bull shit. Nothing eye opening about it.

Doesn’t mean to say he’s a star. More than he’s got a great record and we’ll judge him with our own eyes in time.

I don't really think you can come to that conclusion on the basis of the Haaland and Alvarez signings. With Haaland we reaped the benefit of a release clause that was obviously set way too low, and with Alvarez, fees are way lower in S. America than they are in Europe. £15 million or whatever it was is quite a lot of money for a relative unknown in Argentina. And Alvarez probably earned peanuts at River Plate, I'm sure the money would have been a huge incentive. he'd probably never even heard of Manchester City before we approached him.
And LOL of the day award goes to ...................

An interesting YT comp just appeared full of JA's bloopers. Shooters hit row z occasionally and passers misplace balls so those are normal, but notice his lack of close control in some of these clips. THIS is his weakness. I have coined a saying for him, "the less touches the better." Like Grealish said about being afraid of losing the ball and making Pep mad ... kid's first task will be improving his close control.

That could be done about every player in world football..

For those that want to see his 6 goal performance.

He shows quite the range of finishing (and creating chances), and his touch doesn’t look bad.

An interesting YT comp just appeared full of JA's bloopers. Shooters hit row z occasionally and passers misplace balls so those are normal, but notice his lack of close control in some of these clips. THIS is his weakness. I have coined a saying for him, "the less touches the better." Like Grealish said about being afraid of losing the ball and making Pep mad ... kid's first task will be improving his close control.

Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez likey likey.

Relative unknown in Argentina!? He's probably the most well known and coveted footballer in Argentina.

It's not 2008 anymore. We are one of the biggest and most famous clubs in world football. I suppose he's never heard of Kevin de Bruyne, Sergio Agüero or Pep Guardiola either?

People know about the club with the greatest manager of all time. People know about the Champions of England.
I can only assume the guy is on a wind up, or was being ironic.

Alvarez’s idol is Aguero, so I’m pretty sure he’s heard of Manchester City.

This reminds me of a tongue in cheek video compilation Baddiel and Skinner once did on Pele on Fantasy Football. It featured a stream of badly hit shots that sailed wide or over the bar to a tune of "Peleee. Was shit. Pele was shit. Pele was shit. Peleee" and so on.

I don't usually put much weight into these videos of him performing in a poor standard league simply because what he does there won't be allowed to happen for us but there's some very pleasing parts of his game you see that transfer to any level. His movement off the ball looks very good, the second goal is exactly the type of centre forward movement we have been missing. Seems a confident and adept finisher with both feet, capable of getting off the quick early shot without having to set himself which catches many by surprise, that's very Sergio-like. Still very raw and I'm not expecting him to be upto our standard from the off but there's a lot of potential for Pep to mould

I don't really think you can come to that conclusion on the basis of the Haaland and Alvarez signings. With Haaland we reaped the benefit of a release clause that was obviously set way too low, and with Alvarez, fees are way lower in S. America than they are in Europe. £15 million or whatever it was is quite a lot of money for a relative unknown in Argentina. And Alvarez probably earned peanuts at River Plate, I'm sure the money would have been a huge incentive. he'd probably never even heard of Manchester City before we approached him.

yeah a young man from argentina had never heard of manchester city where a chap called sergio aguero had played for 10 years and scored the greatest goal in premier league history................ wind it in mate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.