Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

An interesting YT comp just appeared full of JA's bloopers. Shooters hit row z occasionally and passers misplace balls so those are normal, but notice his lack of close control in some of these clips. THIS is his weakness. I have coined a saying for him, "the less touches the better." Like Grealish said about being afraid of losing the ball and making Pep mad ... kid's first task will be improving his close control.

I can already feel the weight lifting off Sterling’s shoulders…

An interesting YT comp just appeared full of JA's bloopers. Shooters hit row z occasionally and passers misplace balls so those are normal, but notice his lack of close control in some of these clips. THIS is his weakness. I have coined a saying for him, "the less touches the better." Like Grealish said about being afraid of losing the ball and making Pep mad ... kid's first task will be improving his close control.

I could make a compilation on De Bruyne from this season alone that would fill 3 minutes and make him look like a pub player. Still won player of the year. All players make mistakes

Of course, I don't believe such a big lightning strikes twice lol.... He had a special night and what a closure would that have been.
Probably better if he has a shocker next so River Platte doesn’t feel like they’re victims of highway robbery. ;-)

It is, but at the same time I'm very ready for a break from football. Feels like the last 3 seasons merged into one giant slog.

No summer tournament, just a nice clean break for 8 weeks and come back with a refreshed mind and a refreshed squad going for everything again.
Indeed. It’s going to be bliss! I’m worn out after the last three years.

Okay, but the six goals last night weren’t even in the Argentinian league, they were against the fourth place of the Peruvian league
I don't think anyone should be judging a player on scoring six goals in a rout :)

All it suggests is that the jump from playing football in Argentina and Brazil isn't so different to coming from one of the European leagues. The PL is now a big step up for everyone - which I guess isn't a surprise given the financial advantage even the clubs near the bottom have over all but the richest elsewhere.

For me the most interesting aspect is that the players moving from the Championship to the PL, don't find that jump much more difficult than the other top European leagues. We'd no doubt consider a Championship player as bargain basement player compared with the best in Portugal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.