Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

I hope he can make the jump from south america football to top level european football
aguero went to spain first and did the hard yards there and walked straight into the Premier League like a duck to water because of that stay in spain first

i think city jumped first in getting him signed and loaned him back because julian-alvarez was wanted by a host of clubs ? i think pep will use pre-season to test him and get to know his game and how pep wants him to play

great signing to have and now we have haaland we can feed him in slowly
my new word for next season is (options) you can not have to many

Sheikh Mansour went to- the River Plate,
In a Bentley Continental.
Came back with Julian Alvarez,
The City fans went Fookin' mental.

Last edited:
Scored 6 in a game last night in the last Liberatadores group game.

Some of those are absolute belters - with unexpected placement :-D

Last edited:
I don’t think this has been mentioned in the thread, but Alvarez actually moved to Spain when he was 11 years old to play for Real Madrid, but decided to go back to Argentina after feeling homesick. Must be another knife in the back of Tebas and Perez in the same window…

This analysis, places the Argentinian league just below The Championship in terms of how hard it is to score goals. However, players from every league see a big drop when they join the PL, and the Championship is virtually on a par with The Bundesliga, so they're suggesting it will be almost as big a leap for Haaland.

Okay, but the six goals last night weren’t even in the Argentinian league, they were against the fourth place of the Peruvian league

An interesting YT comp just appeared full of JA's bloopers. Shooters hit row z occasionally and passers misplace balls so those are normal, but notice his lack of close control in some of these clips. THIS is his weakness. I have coined a saying for him, "the less touches the better." Like Grealish said about being afraid of losing the ball and making Pep mad ... kid's first task will be improving his close control.

Oh my life.........

Fuck me!
Who needs Haaland?!
Joking aside this guy looks too good to just be a bench warmer….much too good.
I just hope we can keep both he and Haaland happy and Pep can find a way of integrating both into the team.
Every reason to cash in on Sterling and Jesus now.
JA a number 10 and Alfie's lad a 9. KDB and little Phil either side of JA. Wing backs supporting out wide and Rodri covering the CBs.

for those wondering when JA's next River match is ...

"The draw for the round of 16 will be held on 27 May 2022, 12:00" <- we'll know after the Copa Libs draw

meanwhile he's flying to Europe to face Italy with the Arg Nat'l team at Wembley on June 1st

The draw for the round of 16 will be held on 27 May 2022, 12:00" <- we'll know after the Copa Libs draw
We do know that the first leg will be in the last week of June the second leg in the second week of July (around the 6th). Again, a mistake to not make last night his final game

We do know that the first leg will be in the last week of June the second leg in the second week of July (around the 6th). Again, a mistake to not make last night his final game
Then he proceeds to score 7 goals in the first leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.