Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

You could argue he’s waiting for a CF to play alongside and see if it suits him better. Certainly does with Kane & Aguero. He could have a new lease of life. Hitting the bar line and crossing for big Erl would be his food and drink.

I don't think anyone would not love to see that.

You could argue he’s waiting for a CF to play alongside and see if it suits him better. Certainly does with Kane & Aguero. He could have a new lease of life. Hitting the bar line and crossing for big Erl would be his food and drink.
There could be some truth in that. He looked better in the 2018 team with one fb in front of him when we attacked. If we are going back to blistering counters it would suit him.

Anyway... Julian...excited!

There could be some truth in that. He looked better in the 2018 team with one fb in front of him when we attacked. If we are going back to blistering counters it would suit him.

Anyway... Julian...excited!
Yes I see us changing it up and going 442 against the low block wide wingers and 2 up top might be Peps thinking

Don't need for him to tell me, his rep is briefing exactly that, he wants to wait and see if he gets assurances and more starts.

As for not pissing on me while on fire, whilst you seem unnecessarily triggered beyond belief over my opinion, the likelihood is, Raheem would probably need three or four attempts and I would prefer to take my chances on someone else!
Classic putdown.
Can't believe how emotional some posters get on here.

City next season will have that extra power, we will go flat out with that added pain of a score to settle in the Champions League and putting Liverpool to bed once and for all

one man does not make a team ? But the team can make a player
julian-alvarez could stand out on the big stage and give him a partner in haaland well, Manchester city and pep will be near a complete outfit

Liking any post which is negative is a generalisation, even if the ones I do like tend to be in keeping of my own overall view of him.

Which is I don't think he's a very good player and his reputation as one is vastly overstated.

His cross for the first goal was excellent, as was Zinchenko's own impact, all players will have their moments which remind us why they are cutting it in the professional game and the rest of us are sat in the stands.

I consider Raheem's decision making and technical ability very poor in general, but he gets my support every time he steps over the white line, as any City fan will afford most players wanting them to do well.

That's an important distinction from me posting and analysing his ability.

Nobody can have anything personal against him unless they know the lad.

I don't rate him an upper echelon talent and believe Pep's demand for technical excellence and security of the ball over the last two seasons has exposed his limitations.

He's overcome plenty of obstacles in his life and has plenty of charitable endeavours, but I have never taken to his game.
Had to reply to this.............

Although I do not want to 'overly' distract this thread

Your words - IMO - provide a succinct and very accurate appraisal of Sterling - and reflect the views of myself and many other fans I am sure.

It does not mean that we are Sterling 'haters' - we just recognise his (severe) limitations - I expect no end product when he has more than a split second to think - his movement and cross for our first goal last week was a noteworthy exception.

It is just time for CITY to move on to another level - Sterling is not at the level CITY require for the coming years

Simple as that and I hope that he is moved on this summer to a team that will be right for him

Back on topic - Julian really excites me and I believe that we have secured a top talent

Had to reply to this.............

Although I do not want to 'overly' distract this thread

Your words - IMO - provide a succinct and very accurate appraisal of Sterling - and reflect the views of myself and many other fans I am sure.

It does not mean that we are Sterling 'haters' - we just recognise his (severe) limitations - I expect no end product when he has more than a split second to think - his movement and cross for our first goal last week was a noteworthy exception.

It is just time for CITY to move on to another level - Sterling is not at the level CITY require for the coming years

Simple as that and I hope that he is moved on this summer to a team that will be right for him

Back on topic - Julian really excites me and I believe that we have secured a top talent
Sums it up nicely.
Get rid of one of our most successful players ever and welcome to a player you have never seen play ever.
Biffo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.