Welcome Julian Alvarez | Signing confirmed on a five-and-a-half year deal

Said in December, I had a gut feeling we wouldn't make a big money signing in January, but we would make an under the radar signing of a not very well known player as a long term investment. There are many years and hurdles to pass before we know if we have struck gold, as soon as Alvarez was signed, I felt this could potentially be a great signing, I am excited at the prospect of what I think this lad can achieve and have been, long before the 6 goal bonanza, let's be patient with him and see where it goes.

The last thing this kid needs is this. I know the tweet is jokey, but he should be given time to present himself rather than expectations to meet. Imagine Haaland going five consecutive UCL group stage games without scoring like Julian did in the Libertadores, the media would go after him viciously. We don’t need two players under the same scrutiny

Gabriel Jesus did settle early despite him only joining the side in January and there is no reason why Alvarez can't replicate that; especially with the Spanish speakers currently in the side.

The last thing this kid needs is this. I know the tweet is jokey, but he should be given time to present himself rather than expectations to meet. Imagine Haaland going five consecutive UCL group stage games without scoring like Julian did in the Libertadores, the media would go after him viciously. We don’t need two players under the same scrutiny

It’s not that deep. Go and have one of Pep’s cigars and relax.

Said in December, I had a gut feeling we wouldn't make a big money signing in January, but we would make an under the radar signing of a not very well known player as a long term investment. There are many years and hurdles to pass before we know if we have struck gold, as soon as Alvarez was signed, I felt this could potentially be a great signing, I am excited at the prospect of what I think this lad can achieve and have been, long before the 6 goal bonanza, let's be patient with him and see where it goes.
My thoughts exactly, Julian Alvarez is really a gem, a great player in many ways, but also very mature and very well centered, he doesn't need the unnecessary pressure to already be compared to Haaland or Aguero. He will need some time to get acquainted with a new country, a new league, a new team, a new coach and new teammates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.