Welcome Rodri - Signing Confirmed

He's the same. Extremely intelligent player who constantly looks at where he needs to be and will only improve under Guardiola. Much better range of passing than Busquets also imo.
Ndombele is all piss and vinegar for me, he constantly tries stuff above his ability level and when it comes off he looks great but when it doesn't he screws his team over. Has some horrifically poor games. Even against us this season he had one great game and one terrible game that he got away with as every time he tripped over the ball or got tackled the ref gave him a free kick. Not for me, there's zero control to his game and control is vital in that position for us.

That`s just bullshit. Ndombele is easily one of the best young midfielders in the world. He will suit Tottenham, and Rodri will suit us, both are fantastic players

We'll see.

Not taking the piss here but knew he'd be good all along - there were so many strengths to his game that were pretty evident early on (ball retention and winning the ball back).

The only things that needed ironing out were positioning and when to be aggressive with passing which are pretty easily taught by somebody like Pep.

Unbelievable signing really for £65m considering the years we'll get out of him.

I’d never really noticed him before we signed him. He was someone at Atléti who never stood out to me and if someone asked me about ‘that Rodrigo guy at Atlético’ I probably couldn’t have pictured him in my head to figure out who they were on about (I was exactly the same with Dias).

In his first season with us he dipped in-and-out of being very good to very quiet. I said a few times that there were some games where he didn’t look fit enough to play in the Prem in our midfield and would often drift out of games being uninvolved (remember Oxford away or Spurs away?). His average touches in that first season averaged at just 73.7 a game, whereas in the last two seasons his average is 87.1.

But he became a proper athlete. He bulked up and got himself incredibly fit. To he point where he’s an absolute specimen of an athlete now.

2019:
IMG_2483.jpeg

2023:
IMG_2486.jpeg

He’s now comfortably the best holding midfielder in the world. He’s one of the most dominating players in any position in the world . I also reckon he’s the most consistent player in any position in world football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.