Welcome to City Maximo Perrone

"Julian is going to waste at the moment."

Why?

He has just come back from the WC, played non stop for 18 months and for a 20 yr old in a new country/league he has done incredibly well in a short space of time.

We paid 100m for an Englishman and people say he needs 18 months to "settle in"!

He's spent most of his time sat on his arse on the bench. It's got nothing to do with how well he's done, it's about the lack of opportunity, even in a squad where three forwards have largely been dogshit.

If Julian Alvarez struggles to get into our team and this other kid is supposed to be "somewhere between Alvarez and Kayky" then what chance does he have?

I don't know if that assessment is true or not, hopefully the kid is fucking quality because god knows we've got enough first team players I'd happily fuck off to Tenerife for a few weeks.

He's spent most of his time sat on his arse on the bench. It's got nothing to do with how well he's done, it's about the lack of opportunity, even in a squad where three forwards have largely been dogshit.

If Julian Alvarez struggles to get into our team and this other kid is supposed to be "somewhere between Alvarez and Kayky" then what chance does he have?

I don't know if that assessment is true or not, hopefully the kid is fucking quality because god knows we've got enough first team players I'd happily fuck off to Tenerife for a few weeks.
Bullshit, 22 appearances and 5 goals, pre season if you said those stats most people would have laughed, he has done more than we could possibly have envisaged.

For a new player , a 20 year old player at that, plenty in one of the best club sides in world football.

And in the majority of games he has not looked out of place.

He's 22. The same age as two of our other regulars.

You seem to be conflating what I'm saying with criticism of him. All I'm saying is that he doesn't play enough.

If you think 3 league starts is us getting the most out of him then we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think it is too early to say that he doesn't play enough. He has arrived with month after month of non-stop football and pushing him to play more could see him crumble. I am excited to watch him develop and I enjoy his style of play, but we don't need to rush him.

I get your drift but it needs saying, he is one of the reasons we are struggling, he needs to perform, now or never in the next 4 months.
Harsh that mate. Alvarez has only been here for 2 minutes, so don’t you think to blame him, or any other individual player, for our ‘struggles’ is a bit stupid seeing as it’s a team game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.