Well done Aleks...

Couldn't pass for shit, the strikers far too often got goal side of him, out of position too many times and for one of the last ditch tackles it was his own fault for letting his man toddle past him.

I knew as soon as he made that last ditch tackle yesterday there would be a thread on here about how well he played!

He had to make that tackle because yet again he was completely out of position! The guy is fucking atrocious, clichy hasnt been at his best but if, as I suspect, MP starts rotating them more when the CL starts, we are in big trouble!

I thought he did ok.

He was caught out of position numerous times and ambled back in classic Kolarov style. He gave the ball away too many times and needs to realise a punt up the field to Aguero never works.

Having said that he was solid on set pieces.

Those saying he did well need to realise Aluko spent his time taking the piss out of Lescott instead of playing as a right winger so sparred Aleks another slating from the fans

Rammy Blue said:
elano said:
kiam06 said:
Got to be a wind up this one.

Kolorov was constantly out of position yesterday and misplaced about 80% of his passes Clichy is on another planet.

This

That,

Makes one good challenge and suddenly everyone thinks he's had a good game.

Disagree with this and that.

Kolarov was steady yesterday, I'm not going over board and suggesting he was brilliant but he was solid.

His wayward 50 yard 100 mph cross shot's were left on the training ground and if you watch the game closely he was IN his correct position a hell of a lot more compared to the fan favourite Zabaleta on the other side.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Rammy Blue said:
elano said:

That,

Kolarov was steady yesterday, I'm not going over board and suggesting he was brilliant but he was solid.

His wayward 50 yard 100 mph cross shot's were left on the training ground and if you watch the game closely he was IN his correct position a hell of a lot more compared to the fan favourite Zabaleta on the other side.

I thought Kolarov was ok yesterday but interestingly he never seemed to get forward as much yesterday in comparison to games last season and the year before. Ultimately if he is asked to overlap less we will probably not see the best, in terms of performance, as his strength is getting forward.

Bizarre he gets criticised for being out of position, generally when Kolorov plays we are facing teams who defend deep so it is a natural result of the role he has to play e.g getting forward.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Rammy Blue said:
elano said:

That,

Is this a serious post?

How can you say that and not even mention that Hull's left winger ran at Zabaleta but the right winger (Aluko) spent most of his time inside looking to play down the middle.

Or did this pass you by during the game?

Good to see Aleks winning some headers yesterday. For his height, Aleks hasn't done enough of this in other games and we have relied on centre backs (and Micah when plays) too much in the air.

Aleks had a good game overall but he did give the ball away too much. This was parh because team mates were not making themselves available for easier balls though. The seems a wider faint in the team with, for example, Dzeko having to play lay offs back 20 to 30 yards because of lack of attacking movement from midfield. That changed in the second half when Silva starting getting possession between the Hull midfield and defence.

I don't see Aleks playing many games because if he isn't taking corners and free kicks then the rest of his game isn't good enough to be a regular starter. He can hardly argue with Yaya's 2 blinding free kicks in 3 games.

Said for a long time that this is such an important position in any side that if you want to be competing with the best you need a top notch exponent in this area of the pitch.
Neither Clichy nor Kola fit that particular description. It´s something that will have to be addressed this or the next window although tbh there aren´t too many about I can think of. Kieren Gibbs now 2nd choice at le Arse but has injury issues.

For now we need Gael to up his game and Kola to push him - maybe this is Pellers strategy - he has a good record extracting that extra 10 or 20% from his players

Anyone notice his aversion to coming near the South Stand? Noticed a few times when Hull had a throw in down that end he seemed preoccupied by seeing if people were giving him stick in the crowd.

Sad really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.