Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the players are fit enough, look at Leicester and Atleti they dont stop working. Our players look lethargic and i saw Sergio yesterday go on one run and then hands of knees to recover before meandering back to the half way line (i'm not slating Sergio he's one the most important players ever) its just an observation and i put that down to Manuel and his training. I would love to watch a weeks training to see what they actually do, as i reckon its mostly walk about and play 5 aside if the performances on the pitch are anything to go by
I genuinely think we are the most unfit team I've seen in the past two seasons. We are outworked by pretty much every team we play and when we do work hard (Madrid at home and yesterday as examples) we are completely knackered about half way into the second half.

I think Kun, de Bruyne, Yaya and Nasri carry too much body fat. I think Navas and Sterling look too weak. The two Ferns fit right into my point above - against Madrid and yesterday they were everywhere in the first halves of both games and were blowing out of their arses in both second halves, and it's not just them two who are like that. And are our injuries linked to the fitness of the players?

JMW (good to see you back by the way), you're just describing your personal feelings, not everyone's, certainly not mine, and walking back into town after the game yesterday, listening to other people talk, its certainly not a majority view either.

People are clearly disappointed with this season, but some of the shite being spouted on here is just completely over the top, and I certainly don't feel part of that, which is why I've rarely posted over the last few weeks, as much of the comment seems to be trying to wind other people up so there can be an argument.

I stayed yesterday and applauded the manager (and to a lesser extent some of the players, though for me, many can f*ck off right now).

I think a lot more would have still been there, had it not been utterly shambolic again from the club. I felt sorry for the poor U18's who had to stand there, while Ferris wittered on and on and f*cking on, about largely f*ck all, just delaying things, asking stupid inane questions to Jason Wilcox. This end of season malarkey would be best done straight after the referee leaves the pitch, not 25 minutes later, the senior players should have been on the pitch when the U18's came on, giving them a guard of honour, it might have made some of them realise that giving your all for the club still matters, but I guess that would be too much for their pride, as you can see I have more anger for the players than anything else, they are the ones who have let the fans down, some need to learn what the word "team" actually means.
If you were walking back listening in on conversations after staying behind, no wonder you heard like minds ;-)
Couldn't agree more about the after show.

JMW (good to see you back by the way), you're just describing your personal feelings, not everyone's, certainly not mine, and walking back into town after the game yesterday, listening to other people talk, its certainly not a majority view either.

People are clearly disappointed with this season, but some of the shite being spouted on here is just completely over the top, and I certainly don't feel part of that, which is why I've rarely posted over the last few weeks, as much of the comment seems to be trying to wind other people up so there can be an argument.

I stayed yesterday and applauded the manager (and to a lesser extent some of the players, though for me, many can f*ck off right now).

I think a lot more would have still been there, had it not been utterly shambolic again from the club. I felt sorry for the poor U18's who had to stand there, while Ferris wittered on and on and f*cking on, about largely f*ck all, just delaying things, asking stupid inane questions to Jason Wilcox. This end of season malarkey would be best done straight after the referee leaves the pitch, not 25 minutes later, the senior players should have been on the pitch when the U18's came on, giving them a guard of honour, it might have made some of them realise that giving your all for the club still matters, but I guess that would be too much for their pride, as you can see I have more anger for the players than anything else, they are the ones who have let the fans down, some need to learn what the word "team" actually means.

well ultimately I can only comment on what others have told me and my own views, and certainly that air of resignation set in a while ago, and whether it's through being fed up with Pelle, Yaya, Kolarov, Bony, not playing Kelechi enough, poor form, stupid losses, same old shit on the field, PSG prices, kit colours and identity, lack of club transparency and real engagement with fans, pretty much every City fan I'VE spoken to( i.e. I'm not representing everyone or the majority of course) has at least something that has led to them feeling either disgruntled, fed up or detached in some form from the club. I don't think you'd have had many more there unless we'd won the game, it's got to the point where 40,000 odd fans wouldn't stay to applaud and say goodbye to the manager and the players, now that is a majority who are fed up and have such a lack of engagement with the current setup they'd rather walk away than stay.

The club, at least in my view (but look on here and yesterday) has been moving away from the fans over the past few years with the way it chooses to do things, and yesterday, for whichever of their reasons or personal gripes about the situation, the majority of the fan base going to one of the biggest games of the season voted with their feet. That was a huge statement by the fans yesterday, they were fed up. My first post was about the loss of the identity the club had built up 3-5 years ago, which I believe has eroded under Pelle. I think the fans lack of enthusiasm at the end sums it up for me.

I genuinely think we are the most unfit team I've seen in the past two seasons. We are outworked by pretty much every team we play and when we do work hard (Madrid at home and yesterday as examples) we are completely knackered about half way into the second half.

I think Kun, de Bruyne, Yaya and Nasri carry too much body fat. I think Navas and Sterling look too weak. The two Ferns fit right into my point above - against Madrid and yesterday they were everywhere in the first halves of both games and were blowing out of their arses in both second halves, and it's not just them two who are like that. And are our injuries linked to the fitness of the players?
nail, head, hit

I agree about our lack of fitness and I think this is the first Pep will address. Proper fitness combined with a proper tactical gameplan will mean we cannot recognize our team again.

We lost 40 games under Bob in total, all comps.

We have lost 39 games under Pellegrini in total, all comps.
We had a much weaker team at the start of Mancini's era.

Players like Given Kolo Petrov Ireland Silvinho Garrido Boyata Weiss were in the matchday team most weeks when Mancini first came.

Lol if it does we won't be the beneficiaries. He'll be gone in 3 years when his contract is up to experience another League. Pretty sure he's already talked about managing in Italy and pretty sure he's talked about retiring early enough to enjoy it as well. He's the type of guy who'll burn himself out so don't see him looking at City as a long term project. Just hope and expect to get the best out of him whilst he is with us..........
He will be at AC Milan in 2019 with the intention to make them a top club again in three years and then he'll retire

The club, at least in my view (but look on here and yesterday) has been moving away from the fans over the past few years with the way it chooses to do things, and yesterday, for whichever of their reasons or personal gripes about the situation, the majority of the fan base going to one of the biggest games of the season voted with their feet. That was a huge statement by the fans yesterday, they were fed up.
I'm guessing you headed straight out at the final whistle ? Around where I sit about 50% did that, and the rest waited a bit, but when it became obvious that it was going to take forever, most others started drifting away too.

We all ultimately have something to gripe about at City, but above all else its the performances that cap it, and make people the most fed up. Yesterday shouldn't have been one of them, as we generally played quite well, but it was a game that summed the whole season up, good in parts, crap in other parts, dreadful defending twice, simple chances missed, a game we simply couldn't put to bed.

As for looking on here for the general feeling, its the wrong place to look, as at best it contains a few hundred City supporters comments, out of the many thousand that don't ever come here, and a large minority just seem to be here to wind others up, rather than engage in serious discussion (not aimed at your comments btw, as you always speak as you see it, passionately but at least reasoned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.