Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
well ultimately I can only comment on what others have told me and my own views, and certainly that air of resignation set in a while ago, and whether it's through being fed up with Pelle, Yaya, Kolarov, Bony, not playing Kelechi enough, poor form, stupid losses, same old shit on the field, PSG prices, kit colours and identity, lack of club transparency and real engagement with fans, pretty much every City fan I'VE spoken to( i.e. I'm not representing everyone or the majority of course) has at least something that has led to them feeling either disgruntled, fed up or detached in some form from the club. I don't think you'd have had many more there unless we'd won the game, it's got to the point where 40,000 odd fans wouldn't stay to applaud and say goodbye to the manager and the players, now that is a majority who are fed up and have such a lack of engagement with the current setup they'd rather walk away than stay.

The club, at least in my view (but look on here and yesterday) has been moving away from the fans over the past few years with the way it chooses to do things, and yesterday, for whichever of their reasons or personal gripes about the situation, the majority of the fan base going to one of the biggest games of the season voted with their feet. That was a huge statement by the fans yesterday, they were fed up. My first post was about the loss of the identity the club had built up 3-5 years ago, which I believe has eroded under Pelle. I think the fans lack of enthusiasm at the end sums it up for me.

I think people accepted all the price hikes and moving seats due to 93:20 etc. because we were promised the club would be taken forward and be challenging at the highest level.

This season as been mediocre at best, our squad has not improved but gone seriously backwards under Pellers.

Yaya has been great for this club , but watching him stroll round whilst earning >£200k a week really grates and there are others who aren't far behind.

You would be rather disappointed with pep if he merely got say 1.5 points per game versus our top-8 competitors (just 21 points from those 14 games) and scratched narrow wins against the bottom 3.

Guess what?
That would have meant us leading Leicester by about five points.

That's how poor the league was this year, and how poor was our manager - so we're Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and manure, but that simply underlines how much of a lost opportunity this was

You would be rather disappointed with pep if he merely got say 1.5 points per game versus our top-8 competitors (just 21 points from those 14 games) and scratched narrow wins against the bottom 3.

Guess what?
That would have meant us leading Leicester by about five points.

That's how poor the league was this year, and how poor was our manager - so we're Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and manure, but that simply underlines how much of a lost opportunity this was

Whilst we're not the only team looking back on this season like that, it was a far greater opportunity lost for us than anyone else. Start of the season same old shit from the players "We've got the hunger, we're going to see off Chelsea and take back the league". Then Chelsea fell away, and with it our hunger, if it was ever truly there to start with. Everyone arrogantly assumed our competitors, especially Leicester, would eventually fall away too. In some bizarre way it's good they didn't, because it's hopefully a lesson learned to those players that you fight every match week, not just the first or last 6 games.

JMW (good to see you back by the way), you're just describing your personal feelings, not everyone's, certainly not mine, and walking back into town after the game yesterday, listening to other people talk, its certainly not a majority view either.
Don't you think the reason it wasn't the majority view is because the vast Majority had already fucked off home?

Just a thought..............

Don't you think the reason it wasn't the majority view is because the vast Majority had already fucked off home?
No.

For one thing, many around where I sit waited, as I said about 50%, but they 'f*cked off' because of the time it was taking. Anyway, I didn't just base my comment on that, but on the people I know, speak to regularly, and attend games with, who are clearly regular match going blues, but don't post on bluemoon, or care what a small number here say. Yes many are fed up, frustrated, just like I am, but don't constantly go way over the top about it.

Anyway my post was aimed directly at JMW's post, as he's someone who's views I respect, even though I don't always agree with him.

Lots of people refer back to the first 5 games-we weren't that fluent. The biggest reason for the slide were the injuries to Aguero and Silva whilst on international duty-it set the tone for what followed, disruption after disruption and always playing catch up with fitness. Pellegrini did his best to manage our resources and had little choice to sacrifice the FA cup and then pick that team against Southampton (who could quite easily have beaten our best eleven).

For me he did his best-yes he probably agrees that he gave Bony too many chances and yes some of his substitutions made me scratch my head but I will look back on his time as largely successful. Semi finalists in Europe and 3 trophies. He had no luck this season-a fair run of injuries would have seen us comfortably near the top. And it isn't done just yet.

Lots of people refer back to the first 5 games-we weren't that fluent. The biggest reason for the slide were the injuries to Aguero and Silva whilst on international duty-it set the tone for what followed, disruption after disruption and always playing catch up with fitness. Pellegrini did his best to manage our resources and had little choice to sacrifice the FA cup and then pick that team against Southampton (who could quite easily have beaten our best eleven).

For me he did his best-yes he probably agrees that he gave Bony too many chances and yes some of his substitutions made me scratch my head but I will look back on his time as largely successful. Semi finalists in Europe and 3 trophies. He had no luck this season-a fair run of injuries would have seen us comfortably near the top. And it isn't done just yet.

The record against the top 10 this year , the bottom three , the fact he spouted time and again we had two players of equal ability for most if not all positions and the best squad and that he never uses injuries as an excuse for under performing suggests that by his own standards he has come well short of what he expected in the premiership this year.

By any measure we have under achieved in the premiership over the past two seasons and MP is a major factor as to why this has occurred.

He doesn't have the skill set to get the best out of a team that is seeking to be a real force and significant player in the premiership or any of the top leagues for that matter.

He wasn't the best choice to replace RM but he was someone well known to the DOF and co as someone who could ensure the press wouldn't make a meal out of the next bust up between RM and his employers and or the playing team because he would limit if not eliminate the opportunity for it to happen which he did.

On top of that he would do as he was told and if so would suffer zero interference for above in terms of what he did with the squad during the week and on match days and have any players he wanted some of which he had managed before chased.

He has not got the best out of the squad from the time he joined and we play less as a team in terms of what we do on and off the ball than we did when he first joined.

Our urgency has diminished when its needed , our basic skills have deteriorated under his watch.

Individual players have lost the will to take on players and take the easy option under his watch. ( Sterling and Navas to name but two )

Sides are no longer concerned about playing at COMS and if they press they know they have our measure.

His appointment will be viewed in history as an average one as we have regressed and in some cases significantly like basic skills ( crossing , corners , throw ins , set piece defending and attakcing to name but a few ) in almost all of the key performance indicators under his watch.

The players do not respect him or his coaching abilities and for some his complacent attitude on match days has been there to see in the players approach to games many of which a better manager would have ensured we got a better result with the same group of players.

The record against the top 10 this year , the bottom three , the fact he spouted time and again we had two players of equal ability for most if not all positions and the best squad and that he never uses injuries as an excuse for under performing suggests that by his own standards he has come well short of what he expected in the premiership this year.

By any measure we have under achieved in the premiership over the past two seasons and MP is a major factor as to why this has occurred.

He doesn't have the skill set to get the best out of a team that is seeking to be a real force and significant player in the premiership or any of the top leagues for that matter.

He wasn't the best choice to replace RM but he was someone well known to the DOF and co as someone who could ensure the press wouldn't make a meal out of the next bust up between RM and his employers and or the playing team because he would limit if not eliminate the opportunity for it to happen which he did.

On top of that he would do as he was told and if so would suffer zero interference for above in terms of what he did with the squad during the week and on match days and have any players he wanted some of which he had managed before chased.

He has not got the best out of the squad from the time he joined and we play less as a team in terms of what we do on and off the ball than we did when he first joined.

Our urgency has diminished when its needed , our basic skills have deteriorated under his watch.

Individual players have lost the will to take on players and take the easy option under his watch. ( Sterling and Navas to name but two )

Sides are no longer concerned about playing at COMS and if they press they know they have our measure.

His appointment will be viewed in history as an average one as we have regressed and in some cases significantly like basic skills ( crossing , corners , throw ins , set piece defending and attakcing to name but a few ) in almost all of the key performance indicators under his watch.

The players do not respect him or his coaching abilities and for some his complacent attitude on match days has been there to see in the players approach to games many of which a better manager would have ensured we got a better result with the same group of players.
Great post, especially regarding sterling and navas, I've been saying all year he has stunted sterlings growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.