Well done Bournemouth.

Vienna_70 said:
Well done, Cherries on a great achievement all the more remarkable, considering they nearly lost their Football League status and were very close to going to the wall only six years ago.

And it's always nice to see different opponents at Etihad.

I think Eddie Howes first game in charge was a 2 - 1 defeat away to Darlington which had them 2nd bottom in League 2,Div 4 in old money.

Darlo now in 8th tier of English football.

deegee33 said:
Congratulations, Bournemouth. A question from an ignorant yank; with the capacity of Deans Court said to be 12,000 what will the visiting supporters allocation of tickets be? Thanks for any replies.

Well, the PL has a rule that says that away teams must be offered a minimum of 3,000 or 7% of the ground's capacity, whichever is lower. It also has a rule that you must have a minimum 15,000 seater stadium or be actively expanding your ground to reach that level. I'm not sure whether the 7% is based on the current capacity or the required 15k but either way they're going to only have to offer about 1k tickets to away fans. In practicality, of course, they may offer more like 1,500 as you tend to tailor it to the capacity of individual blocks of seats.

Fantastic. Place was buzzing last night. Pissed up happy people everywhere. Just a shame the pubs closed at 12. That was late enough for me, mind. Nasty hangover now. Chairman's interview topped it off. Good man!

RadcliffeRick said:
oakiecokie said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Just to say well done the Cherries, sealing promotion to the premiership tonight with a 3-0 win against Bolton.

Will be following the progress of striker Marc Pugh, ex Burnley and Bury and Shrewsbury who was in the same school football team as one of my lads at Junior school. Outstanding player even then.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!
They havn`t yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing like a bit of optimism. Only City could f##k this up from Bournemouth's position. Middlesbrough need to win 20 ish nil to have a chance of automatic qualification.

Funny Tweet from Charlton

_82607594_tweet.jpg

I HAVE A DREAM

what are the odds of eddie howe getting sacked at Christmas and being replaced by good old harry :)

don't think that will happen because this eddie howe has done wonders for them ,and the chairman would be bonkers to get rid even if they did go down

RadcliffeRick said:
oakiecokie said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Just to say well done the Cherries, sealing promotion to the premiership tonight with a 3-0 win against Bolton.

Will be following the progress of striker Marc Pugh, ex Burnley and Bury and Shrewsbury who was in the same school football team as one of my lads at Junior school. Outstanding player even then.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!
They havn`t yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing like a bit of optimism. Only City could f##k this up from Bournemouth's position. Middlesbrough need to win 20 ish nil to have a chance of automatic qualification.

How very true and hence those immortal words that only we could use ... "typical City !!"
Really is nice for a small club like The Cherries to be amongst the big boys (hopefully) and what a superb young Manager.

I still think it's weird listening to commentary on games like this when they say 'The big boys, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea will be coming to Bournemouth next year'.

Made it even weirder when the Chairman said he can't wait to go to the Etihad.

Shows how far we've come!

I haven't forgiven the cherries for the 3-3 yet. That could've ruined our promotion. The bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.