Well done Bournemouth.

Im afraid my criteria for promoted teams comes down to 1) how easy is to get to their ground 2) how likely is it that I will get a ticket?

So, congratulations Bournemouth, but dont stay in the PL too long

oakiecokie said:
Kazzydeyna said:
I haven't forgiven the cherries for the 3-3 yet. That could've ruined our promotion. The bastards.

You`ve just beaten me to it as I was going to say the same thing.I remember a certain Scouser playing for them who was superb that day ... Ian Bishop.

With his long hair.. He was excellent that day. Didn't we buy him that close season on the back of that performance?

It's a fantastic story and a huge congratulations to them and to the manager. From what I've read this season he's incredibly detailed in how he works and he concentrates and studies on the smallest aspects of the opposition teams play in order to get his side attacking their weaknesses. He also has a real focus on training players to improve them day in day out and whilst Bournemouth are up against it to stay in the league as they will need to spend a lot on increasing capacity of the stadium as well as more players etc, I'd imagine the manager will be staying in the Prem from here on out. Sticking a tenner on them to stay up too!

Kazzydeyna said:
oakiecokie said:
Kazzydeyna said:
I haven't forgiven the cherries for the 3-3 yet. That could've ruined our promotion. The bastards.

You`ve just beaten me to it as I was going to say the same thing.I remember a certain Scouser playing for them who was superb that day ... Ian Bishop.

With his long hair.. He was excellent that day. Didn't we buy him that close season on the back of that performance?

I had a look on Wiki and yes we bought him the following season.

Some decent attacking players in there team but its a big ask to see if they can do it in the big league. Think Howe has done a brilliant job there. If he is given money to spend be interesting to see who he goes for.

Citysmith said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Their chairman is a Blue as well so even better.

Always nice to see! I was wondering how will the new Premier FFP Rules effect small clubs like Bournemouth? Will it hinder their chances of staying up and making a fist of it over a few season or will it bolster their chances?

They say it's an £100m prize getting in The Prem so they should invest some of it in the squad if they want to stay up.

Fucking hell, just looking at the stats and Howe's done an unbelievable job in both his spells at Bournemouth. First time round, he took over them after around half the season gone in the 4th tier and they only had 7 points, albeit they'd had 17 points deducted, which left them well adrift of safety yet they pulled off an incredible escape act in the second half of the season then got promoted the following term. The following season they were looking good for another promotion but he left for Burnley in January 2011 where he didn't set the world alight (but wasn't a disaster either), then he returned in October 2012 when they had just 8 points from 11 games and were in the League 1 relegation zone yet he went on to gain them automatic promotion that same season. Last season they finished on 66 points in the Championship which wasn't a million miles off a play-off place and this season tells it's own story.

Fair play to both Bournemouth and Howe and it will be great to see them in the Premier League next year. It will also revive memories of the 1998-99 season in the third tier - they had a decent team then and gave us 2 good games (2-1 to us at Maine Road) and the 0-0 at Dean Court when Kevin Horlock received that infamous second yellow card for "aggressive walking" and 2 coach loads of Levenshulme Blues spent the whole weekend on the piss, staying in a hotel that was more like a fucking prison and featured on "Holidays From Hell" a couple of years later after a load of pensioners who were staying there went down with food poisoning!

Stood in The South Stand said:
Citysmith said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Their chairman is a Blue as well so even better.

Always nice to see! I was wondering how will the new Premier FFP Rules effect small clubs like Bournemouth? Will it hinder their chances of staying up and making a fist of it over a few season or will it bolster their chances?

They say it's an £100m prize getting in The Prem so they should invest some of it in the squad if they want to stay up.

I understand that but remember that only so much can be invested in wages and certain teams could only increase their wage bill by so much etc....

Also other teams will have that same money to invest and in theory are starting from a higher level.

Relegated by Xmas,but hey ho I hope they enjoy the ride,sure as shit we will be away to them on a Tuesday or Wednesday night in Feb or somert when fixtures come out

I heard the chairman and he said he was a blue,and was most looking forward to going to the Etihad and getting 3 points........surely he meant for City that is ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.