Well done Bournemouth.

For the owner it will be a nice little earner, (I don't know much about him or them) but the trend in many clubs is to take as much as can and invest as little as you can, Newcastle and Blackpool are cases in point but there are a few more

Of course I could be wrong and they could set up like Southampton

City_Sean said:
They need to spend a few bob this summer, with the new TV deal surely they'd be okay financially to spend quite heavily to ensure they stay up?

The best thing they could do is spend fuck all, take the money and run. It would cost too much to get a team capable of staying in the Prem, even if you buy seasoned Prem players, there is no guarantee.
The worst thing they could do is spunk millions on new players, giving them big contracts, because if it does go tits up they will be lumbered with those players for the next 3-5 years.

stony said:
City_Sean said:
They need to spend a few bob this summer, with the new TV deal surely they'd be okay financially to spend quite heavily to ensure they stay up?

The best thing they could do is spend fuck all, take the money and run. It would cost too much to get a team capable of staying in the Prem, even if you buy seasoned Prem players, there is no guarantee.
The worst thing they could do is spunk millions on new players, giving them big contracts, because if it does go tits up they will be lumbered with those players for the next 3-5 years.

Considering what Eddie Howe has done at Dean Court, I wouldn't put it past him to keep them up.

One way of bringing in big names is to do what BFS did at Bolton when they were first promoted. And that was to give them one-year contracts.

The chairman - a Blue - seems a very savvy bloke, considering what a terrible financial situation the club was in when he took over, could offer one-year deals with an extension should Bournemouth stay up.

Whether prospective signings would go for this is a different matter.

Ducado said:
Right I can predict exactly what will happen

They will hit the ground running, they will beat a top 4 team, their forums will be full of "So proud" threads and maybe talk about finishing mid table or even higher

They will then proceed to get beat by teams around them in the league, by Christmas some of their fans will be saying that they hate the Prem and all the money etc, and they preferred it in the Championship (which is a good job really)

By March they will be relegated after pocketing a good few million

It's so predictable, and even if they do survive the first season they won't the survive the second season

Last thing we need is an away game there early doors.

blue b4 the moon said:
Ducado said:
Right I can predict exactly what will happen

They will hit the ground running, they will beat a top 4 team, their forums will be full of "So proud" threads and maybe talk about finishing mid table or even higher

They will then proceed to get beat by teams around them in the league, by Christmas some of their fans will be saying that they hate the Prem and all the money etc, and they preferred it in the Championship (which is a good job really)

By March they will be relegated after pocketing a good few million

It's so predictable, and even if they do survive the first season they won't the survive the second season

Last thing we need is an away game there early doors.

Exactly and the Premier League know that. It's guaranteed ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.