Well Done Gary Cook!

Cheltblue said:
The perverbial 'Hiding to Nothing'

Thats what Cook was on today. The press and the Hughes supporters need to hang their 'disbelieving that they could be wrong' heads on any given peg today.

No matter how Cook handles the press conference he was going to be given a slating.

Do you think he should have a say in who our Manager is?

Not trying to antagonise, just curious.

Cheltblue said:

Thats what Cook was on today. The press and the Hughes supporters need to hang their 'disbelieving that they could be wrong' heads on any given peg today.

No matter how Cook handles the press conference he was going to be given a slating.
The press and the Hughes supporters need to hang their 'disbelieving that they could be wrong' heads on any given peg today.
Do you mean the press Hughes supporters or the actual City fans that supported Hughes should do whatever that last bit meant ??

bizzbo said:
Macc Blue said:
at one point he even betrayed us, Man City fans,when he told the press and via them the half the planet that he hoped that the fans would get behind Mancini and Kidd!!!

outrageous, how dare he hope such a thing?

seriously, what am I missing here. that's a standard line..

Pretty standard if he was talkin to us, but my point is he wasn't, he was talkin to a room full of tossers about us. It goes withouty saying we get behind our team and those managing them, we are known for it, shame he doesn't appreciate that.

Stop being taken in by the pieces of lying dog excrement in the media. Can you imagine them reacting this way if the Rags did something likes this. No they wouldn't because they are chicken shit scared of the evil rag empire and they are cowards and fornicators.

Macc Blue said:
bizzbo said:

Pretty standard if he was talkin to us, but my point is he wasn't, he was talkin to a room full of tossers about us. It goes withouty saying we get behind our team and those managing them, we are known for it, shame he doesn't appreciate that.
Petty comment

Macc Blue said:
bizzbo said:

yeah, it does go without saying, but I don't see any harm in saying it.
like I say it's a common line in these situations. I think you are stretching it a bit if you are interpreting it as a backhanded insult. it would in fact be slightly arrogant of him to assume that we would support someone just because the heirachy had appointed him. by saying he hopes we will, it's maybe an acknowledgement that not everyone was happy to see hughes go.

bizzbo said:
Macc Blue said:

yeah, it does go without saying, but I don't see any harm in saying it.
like I say it's a common line in these situations. I think you are stretching it a bit if you are interpreting it as a backhanded insult. it would in fact be slightly arrogant of him to assume that we would support someone just because the heirachy had appointed him. by saying he hopes we will, it's maybe an acknowledgement that not everyone was happy to see hughes go.

We'll disagree then bizzbo. I've no problem with him asking us for our support through the channel that he and the club used to announce Hughes' sacking....the club web site. Him saying the same to a hostile press is giving them ammunition and is patronising.

bluemanc said:
Cheltblue said:

The press and the Hughes supporters need to hang their 'disbelieving that they could be wrong' heads on any given peg today.
Do you mean the press Hughes supporters or the actual City fans that supported Hughes should do whatever that last bit meant ??

Both, Cook was always going to be the vent for those pissed off that their views on Hughes were not the same as the owners.

mackenzie said:
Cheltblue said:

Do you think he should have a say in who our Manager is?

Not trying to antagonise, just curious.

I dont think he had much say in Mancini coming in, it appears that that was decided after the meeting with Khaldoon.

Do i think he should? To be honest mackenzie, i would love to know a bit more of what his day to day job actually entails before answering that, but if he is party to how well motivated the players are feeling, and that type of insider stuff, then yes, i see no problem with some degree of input.

I dont however feel that he deserves the vitriol from certain corners who have used him as their scapegoat for Hughes' dismissal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.