Well done Stoke

rdf10 said:
Some of you lot havent got a brain cell inside you.. You've clearly been battered by a team who runs on a tight budget and plays to their full strength. If you think your going to get into a top 4 position you should think again.. All that money and you produce that shite on the pitch. You have a manager who hasn't got a clue and care's more about his looks and that fukin scarf. And trying to say Stoke are a dirty side and kick people have you not seen that twat vieiras kick out and elbow? I'd rather watch stoke week in week out instead of watching a bunch of pre-madonnas poncing round a football pitch for 90 minutes. Open your eyes you bunch of dirty manchester inbreds

Thank you and goodnight..

Question.

Should the toweling(arf!) of the ball be time added on? Don't remember that being in the rules and regs of the game.

StatesideStokie said:
BTH said:
I don't think I'm "descending to levels of delusion usually frequented by the Rags and Chelski" at all, just because I'm pointing out the way you play, any more than I'm kidding myself that we dominated the game. I'm not and we didn't. However, your tactics are very limited; long throw-ins and your players writhing around in pretend agony as soon as anyone goes near them; they were particularly embarrassing last Saturday. It's hardly a huge criticism, more of an observation. West Brom excelled in this former tactic, although they tended to put 10 men behind the ball... and they still went down.

Anyway, congratulations on your informative post; after all, it can't be easy to type when you've got 12 fingers competing for keyboard space.

12 fingers maybe, but if your two fucking eyes are suggesting that West Brom were a long ball team who played with ten men behind the ball, you need to see an optician mate.

And as for rolling around on the floor at the first sign of contact, perhaps if Glen Whelan had lived up to your completely inaccurate observation, Viera would have been rightly sent off.

I used to have a lot of time for Man City fans, but I'm starting to think the gloryhunting wankstains usually associated with your neighbours have suddenly jumped ship, because some of the bollocks I'm reading here is laughable.

Sorry pal, but when we were in Division Two we played better stuff than that.

What Stoke play on their strawberry bootlace of a pitch can't be classed as football. Sorry.

Saying that, a side like ours with pretentions of Champions League status should be taking maximum points from a side that can't play passing football. As much as Stoke kicked and scratched, we were total fucking bobbins.

jrb said:
Question.

Should the toweling(arf!) of the ball be time added on? Don't remember that being in the rules and regs of the game.

At least 5 minutes of added time in most of our games this season suggest it is added on, and rightly so.

jrb said:
Question. Would you pay to watch that s*** week in week out? Well?

No. I'm a City fan. If I was a Stoke fan, I'd have a different perspective. Stoke are a team with limited resources, if they try to play fast, flowing all-out attacking football like Arsenal, they'd be beaten each week. Instead, they know what their strengths are and play to them.

jrb said:
You call that a strength? It's an excuse because they can't play football.

It's most definitely a strength. It's the same strength that let them beat Arsenal in the cup, that's kept them unbeaten in now 9 games. We have to beat them by combating that and playing to our strengths and we didn't.

jrb said:
If your so fond of their strength, you know where the stadium is. Bye!

What? Because I respect that another team plays football differently and believe that it's up to City to beat a team that plays to their strengths instead of just turning up, I'm now less of a City fan? Laughable, really.

BlueMooney said:
jrb said:
Question. Would you pay to watch that s*** week in week out? Well?

No. I'm a City fan. If I was a Stoke fan, I'd have a different perspective. Stoke are a team with limited resources, if they try to play fast, flowing all-out attacking football like Arsenal, they'd be beaten each week. Instead, they know what their strengths are and play to them.

jrb said:
You call that a strength? It's an excuse because they can't play football.

It's most definitely a strength. It's the same strength that let them beat Arsenal in the cup, that's kept them unbeaten in now 9 games. We have to beat them by combating that and playing to our strengths and we didn't.

jrb said:
If your so fond of their strength, you know where the stadium is. Bye!

What? Because I respect that another team plays football differently and believe that it's up to City to beat a team that plays to their strengths instead of just turning up, I'm now less of a City fan? Laughable, really.

Like I said, if you love that style of play(?) and respect it so much, go and watch Stoke. I'll give you a couple of Stoke home games before you come banging at the door of COMS. Don't try and make excuses for Stoke when there isn't one. It's crap, it's dross and only you and Stoke City fans seem to think it's football. It isn't.

They're effective. They have a system, just like United, Arsenal, Everton have a system.

Blues on here are slagging them off, but it worked a treat and we just don't have the passing ability to beat big powerful teams.

Vieira's been giving the big chat about how we ought to play against them on the OS; moving the ball quickly, one-twos, playing keep ball. Did anyone see that tonight, apart from perhaps the last ten minutes?

No excuses. If Stoke's system is so laughable, we ought to have ripped them a new arsehole. I expected a lot from us tonight, given the build-up from the likes of De Jong and Vieira, but we created nothing.

jrb said:
BlueMooney said:

Like I said, if you love that style of play(?) and respect it so much, go and watch Stoke. I'll give you a couple of Stoke home games before you come banging at the door of COMS. Don't try and make excuses for Stoke when there isn't one. It's crap, it's dross and only you and Stoke City fans seem to think it's football. It isn't.

You've totally missed the point... Whether it's good to watch or not isn't the issue; it's how effective it is. I'm not making excuses for Stoke, I clearly don't need to - we neither beat them tonight nor on Saturday.

If it wasn't football, it would be against the rules. What they do is allowed and it's up to us to stop them. We didn't. It's very sanctimonious to proclaim that we are better than Stoke because they play for set pieces.

We don't have a God given right to win at teams that are lower in the league than ourselves and have lower aspirations and we have to earn those results as much as we have to earn points at any team above us or with bigger aspirations.

BlueMooney said:
jrb said:

You've totally missed the point... Whether it's good to watch or not isn't the issue; it's how effective it is. I'm not making excuses for Stoke, I clearly don't need to - we neither beat them tonight nor on Saturday.

If it wasn't football, it would be against the rules. What they do is allowed and it's up to us to stop them. We didn't. It's very sanctimonious to proclaim that we are better than Stoke because they play for set pieces.

We don't have a God given right to win at teams that are lower in the league than ourselves and have lower aspirations and we have to earn those results as much as we have to earn points at any team above us or with bigger aspirations.

I agree with you, but it's basically a concession that you can't play football properly. My immediate concern is, as you've hinted at, we consider our side to have infinitely more quality and we can't break down a bunch of hoofers.

You can't beat this for irony. City fans slagging off Stoke for their terrible football.

Maybe if we had half the passion, we'd be creating more than a couple of half chances in a game like this.

I'm sorry but our position is papering over the cracks at the moment and no sane man on earth can surely believe we are good enough to stay where we are for the rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.