Well done Stoke

If they're this upset after a draw, they're going to be absolutely gutted when we knock em out of the cup.

posession
Stoke 48% Man City 52%
Attempts on target
Stoke 5 Man City 4
Attempts off target
Stoke 3 Man City 5
Corners
Stoke 3 Man City 3
Fouls
Stoke 21 Man City 14

a draw , looks about right

To be fair, stoke are a team that are constantly progressing, and are starting to get a few good players into the team, and have a feeling that it will be stoke going thrrough to the next round of the cup. Ricardo Fuller, what a great player, i have to hand it to him, ripped our defence apart

BlueMooney said:
jrb said:
Like I said, if you love that style of play(?) and respect it so much, go and watch Stoke. I'll give you a couple of Stoke home games before you come banging at the door of COMS. Don't try and make excuses for Stoke when there isn't one. It's crap, it's dross and only you and Stoke City fans seem to think it's football. It isn't.

You've totally missed the point... Whether it's good to watch or not isn't the issue; it's how effective it is. I'm not making excuses for Stoke, I clearly don't need to - we neither beat them tonight nor on Saturday.

If it wasn't football, it would be against the rules. What they do is allowed and it's up to us to stop them. We didn't. It's very sanctimonious to proclaim that we are better than Stoke because they play for set pieces.

We don't have a God given right to win at teams that are lower in the league than ourselves and have lower aspirations and we have to earn those results as much as we have to earn points at any team above us or with bigger aspirations.

Great post, if only a few others could see it, its not us being bad, its just a game being hard/competetive, why should anyone roll over for us (or anyone else). Its actually what makes the Premier League the so called 'best in the world' its not even close technically for me, but for competition I've no doubt it is, on any given day the worst can (and do) beat the best, and that is what makes it 'the best' especially for the likes of Andy Gray, I prefer to see the more technical side than the aggressive side of the game, and I don't like the game Stoke play, but you have to hand it to them, they play well to their strengths, and we don't.

frankie.. said:
To be fair, stoke are a team that are constantly progressing, and are starting to get a few good players into the team, and have a feeling that it will be stoke going thrrough to the next round of the cup. Ricardo Fuller, what a great player, i have to hand it to him, ripped our defence apart

alright stoke fan how you doing?

lee-mcfc said:
frankie.. said:

alright stoke fan how you doing?

Hahaha :)

StatesideStokie said:
I used to have a lot of time for Man City fans, but I'm starting to think the gloryhunting wankstains usually associated with your neighbours have suddenly jumped ship, because some of the bollocks I'm reading here is laughable.

Course you did, i've seen you on threads moaning we're like the rags... Perhaps you judging our fans by a couple of posters on a message board is pathetic.

I think fans of our club have a right to say whatever they like about any team on here, at the end of the day football is an entertainment sport. You compete against other teams (sport) but the sport is funded by spectators in the ground and on TV... if everyone played Stoke's brand of football, the game would die on its arse. Plain and simple, i'm sure you'll be saying similar when you finish 11th for the 6th season on the trot, without pushing on or doing anything different.

You've got every right to set up however you want, and others have got every right to criticise the way you set up too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.