Well done Stoke

I don't blame Stoke for playing to their strengths. They don't have the capacity to play attractive football, and they don't want to get relegated, so they do what they do. It works. At least in the short term.

Given that their style is so one-dimensional, highly-paid and supposedly superior management and players should be able to figure out the right tactics to beat them. It isn't rocket science - or it shouldn't be for top professionals.

wiley also gave the scum a penalty in the FA Cup at the scaffold of screams when Rosler had put City ahead a few years back. It came as a shock to the rags - let alone the City defence! c*ntana and keane were actually appealing to know why he had blown until they realised he had given THEM a non existant pen..... no excuse for the toss-pot but he has shafted us as well before now, is my point. He's not one of the best - he is Sunday League!!!!

Still, we are going to get KO'd in the Cup (probably to a Delap throw in (doh) ) when we go to the Brittania next time...

Yes, I congratulate Stoke too! At least our players got a lesson on what it means to FIGHT, given if you have to kick and scratch to get the ball, or your man for that matter. As I said, after Everton bullied us, learn how to deal with bullies, before the word get out that we are easily intimidated and other teams gonna try the same thing. I also congratulate Vieira, for his fight, at least he showed some backbone and if he will be treated with respect in the future by the opposition, even if that has a price of 3 matches ban, so be it.

Last night I'm sure I heard Delap's towel say... 'you wanna get a little high'?

I think a lot of the comments on this thread are coloured by our Fans long term dislike of the Stoke fans. Quite justified really, Stoke being in fact the only place I have been on a night out and felt genuinely threatened in every Bar I went in.

However as a Football side they deserve a lot of credit. They play to their strengths, they work hard and usually defend well. Tony Pulis has done much more than create another Wimbledon or BFS Bolton side.

Thats my take on them anyway for what it is worth.

Evening folks!! A draw was a fair result last night that's all i'll say. Gutted about the disallowed goal though, felt like we'd lost after that!

Credit to City, they were up for the battle at a place where many have crumbled........roll on next wednesday!!!

Stoke are doing well. But, they play the worst football I have ever seen in the premiership. Truly shocking style of football.

vincent said:
Stoke are doing well. But, they play the worst football I have ever seen in the premiership. Truly shocking style of football.
The thing is mate, Pulis is very set in his ways with his style of play which admittedly isn't always pretty. But when you support a team and it's in your blood, you get back into the top tier of english football after almost 3 decades, and you start winning in that top tier............then it's bloody enjoyable. Until Pulis moves on we will continue to play direct and unsightly football and nothing will change that but the one thing that is certain is that the team will always get 100% passionate support from the fans!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.