We'll miss you sweep....(Merged)

Thanks for the memories Shaun - score a hattrick against the scum as a farewell present to us & best of luck at QPR.

Sad to see him go but he's from a different era to the one just beginning. . The last player to get arses off seats all round the ground in anticipation whenever he got the ball, before we had to sell him to Chelsea. His old trick of pushing the ball past players and going round the outside doesn't come off anymore but the days when it did were special.

Listening to him talk on Sky Sports News last night brought a tear to my eye ..

Shaun was quick to pay tribute to the City fans, saying: "I'd like to thank you all for the fantastic backing you've given me over my ten years' service. I won't forget you and a place in my heart will always be sky blue."

Wish all our squad felt like that. Whatever you say about him now (and I agree that it was time for him to move) he was a player of genuine quality for us when he had not much around him, came through our Academy, arguably saved us when moving for such a huge sum to Chelsea (and broke down in tears on the way) and then came back with an impact at Sunderland.

It was time for him to go but that should not deter from us recognising a great player we had and someone who loved the shirt almost as much as we do.

Good luck little Shaun - a warm welcome assured whenever you play against us.

A small man with a huge heart , gave it all for my club, every time he played (or was it my sweep goggles)

A MASSIVE BIG THANK YOU

GUTTED once again! big big fan of his aswell qpr are getting aa quality player in him. he was too good to be sat on our bench, i wish him all the best just don't score against us shauny lad

he said last night when city win the league he will be celebrating :D

His expression in the photograph on the OS with the headphones sums it all up. He looks so sad and that is just how I feel this morning SWP!! I hoped right up to the last minute that it might not happen but I guess it is the best thing for your future.

Goodbye and good luck, may your career go forward again and you get to play for England.

p.s. I know that that photo was taken in Vancouver but it does make you feel for him. He loves our club and our fans.

Thanks SWP.

Was always one of my favourite players , the excitement he brought round the ground the moment he picked up the ball on the right hand side was unbelievable . I always admired the way he played for us in every game , always gave 110% and wore his heart on his sleeve . Shaun will always have blue blood and he will forever be remembered at this football club . I wish him all the best at QPR , because he deserves to be playing reguarly , he is too good not to.

Will be missed ....not necessarily on the pitch,as RM has stated he not in his plans,but I will miss you SWP,forever being a blue(even though you cost me a few bob when you cracked that 4th in against the scum) !!

Good luck SWP !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.