We'll miss you sweep....(Merged)

Re: We'll miss you sweep....

Corky said:
liamctid said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Most in this thread are just like to many football fans, quick to label someone world class, in this case legend.

Sweep never saved us off the pitch really, Abramovich did. It was him who parted with the cash, when deep down Ali Mack said to us in a bar, we would of sold him for less, and that Mourinho didnt even want him.

*shudder* I'd tried to blank Mr. Mackintosh out of my memory.

Yeah he would have paid us the same money for Crooks or Flood, nowt to do with SWP being the best right winger in the country at the time.

He could have stayed, but where would we be now?

Course he wouldn't, but like when we sign players, they dont decide the fee, the person buying said player does.

Corky said:
Cini Man said:
Sweep yes a great player for us no doubt. Think about it for a while and look at some of the comments on this thread and you have to say things are getting out of hand.

1) He is the best of a poor bunch of players who have made the first team.
2) He did not leave the club to save City he left to further his career.
3) People continually knock Pearce but he didn't have the option to sign someone for £3.8 mil let alone £38.00 mil
4) Sweep is a smashing lad and is easy to love due to his diminutive stature.
5) No City Manager has ever had the guts to play him in his proper position which in my opinion is in the hole behind the strikers. He has incredible balance and a phenomenal shot but is wasted as a wide player where he looses the ball far too often.
6) At his best he played alongside some very ordinary players. We have moved on from Goater, Huckerby and Samaras all of whom played a part in our rise back. Sorry that is underplaying Goater's contribution as he was massive but we have to be honest with ourselves don't we?
7) Sweep is one of my favourite players but sorry but he has no place in our future.

When did he play in the same side as Samaras? Typical of the knockers not knowing their stuff.
City wanted him to go as we needed the money.

When did I say he played with Samaras? Sentiment plays no part in building a squad. He has done a fantastic job for us over many years but Sweep's time has been and gone. Nobody here is trying to have a go at him but we have moved on just accept it and let's be realistic.

Re: SWP Staying?

D.Villa said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
D.Villa said:
did you just suggest herman is a city legend?

define 'legend' emo kid

Fuck off back to Rag Cafe nobhead.

wtf is your problem?

he said he was on the verge of tears over swp possibly leaving - i took the piss a little.

are you two an item?

Is that the best you can do? They will be laughing at you on Rag Cafe. To say you were an amateur WUM would be a compliment.

Cini Man said:
Corky said:
Cini Man said:
Sweep yes a great player for us no doubt. Think about it for a while and look at some of the comments on this thread and you have to say things are getting out of hand.

1) He is the best of a poor bunch of players who have made the first team.
2) He did not leave the club to save City he left to further his career.
3) People continually knock Pearce but he didn't have the option to sign someone for £3.8 mil let alone £38.00 mil
4) Sweep is a smashing lad and is easy to love due to his diminutive stature.
5) No City Manager has ever had the guts to play him in his proper position which in my opinion is in the hole behind the strikers. He has incredible balance and a phenomenal shot but is wasted as a wide player where he looses the ball far too often.
6) At his best he played alongside some very ordinary players. We have moved on from Goater, Huckerby and Samaras all of whom played a part in our rise back. Sorry that is underplaying Goater's contribution as he was massive but we have to be honest with ourselves don't we?
7) Sweep is one of my favourite players but sorry but he has no place in our future.

When did he play in the same side as Samaras? Typical of the knockers not knowing their stuff.

When did I say he played with Samaras? Sentiment plays no part in building a squad. He has done a fantastic job for us over many years but Sweep's time has been and gone. Nobody here is trying to have a go at him but we have moved on just accept it and let's be realistic.

6)

MCFC BOB said:
We all have different definitions of legend, mate.
Don't act like you're making a statement from an irrefutable position of fact then. Your tone of 'I guess Tevez isn't a City legend either then' in which the sarcastic 'guess' and the 'then' imply it's almost stupid to think otherwise. It's not stupid at all to think Tevez, the man who dispensed of two City scarves whilst wearing his Argentinian flag as he collected our first cup in thirty-five years, and has generally acted like a twat off the pitch, is NOT a legend.

Wish you all the best in your future career Shaun unfortunately you won't be apart in our exciting adventure of the champions league but I'm sure you'll be happy that you'll be playing week in week out as you deserve it. Thanks for everything Shauny, a true City legend.

Corky said:
Cini Man said:
Corky said:

6)

Do you fully understand what part a full stop plays in a statement?

Re: SWP Staying?

D.Villa said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
D.Villa said:
did you just suggest herman is a city legend?

define 'legend' emo kid

Fuck off back to Rag Cafe nobhead.

wtf is your problem?

he said he was on the verge of tears over swp possibly leaving - i took the piss a little.

are you two an item?

I think its your 'piss taking' of the 'Emo kid' and 'Herman' is why he said it.

Not bad for 17 posts in on your first day hey?

Skashion said:
MCFC BOB said:
We all have different definitions of legend, mate.
Don't act like you're making a statement from an irrefutable position of fact then. Your tone of 'I guess Tevez isn't a City legend either then' in which the sarcastic 'guess' and the 'then' imply it's almost stupid to think otherwise. It's not stupid at all to think Tevez, the man who dispensed of two City scarves whilst wearing his Argentinian flag as he collected our first cup in thirty-five years, and has generally acted like a twat off the pitch, is NOT a legend.

Spot on Skash, baby.

A legend would not have disrespected the thing we love the way Tevez has.

Great player, glad he's staying, but legend?

I think the expression these days is - pffft

City legends for me off the top of my head-

Paul
Trautmann
Book
Bell
Lee
Summerbee
Doyle
Rosler
Goater
Dickov

I'm sure there are a few more, but in terms of a place in City fans' hearts Tevez isn't even close to that lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.