Well played lads....

didactic said:
Lost the game but playing more than 88mins with 10 men against Arsenal the team showed alot of heart. Great save and we got to see Balotelli. Better results will come.
Youre wrong mate we got beat, youre supposed to start a tread blaming a player or two.
Agree with you I also thought if we had taken our chances we could have been up at half time.

Thankfully as soon as i saw the back four announced, i turned it off and did the housework, cos i knew we'd get torn apart.

You cant play 4 central defenders across the back, cos they all naturally think as central defenders. Why put Boateng at leftback, Richards at rightback and Boyata in the middle, then bring Bridge on at halftime?

I assume Lescott was injured? But Boateng should have gone in the centre and Bridge should have started.

and why Adebayor didnt start against his old team, espescially after his 3 goals in mid-week is just beyond me. Everyone knows, apart from Mancini, that the Arsenal games just brings him more alive. Cant blame him if Ade wants to leave in January now.

But again, Mancini just shows he doesnt know the english game tactics. He's fine in europe and against fellow italian mangers, but everyone else who he comes up against he just doesnt know what do to until an hour into a game. And yesterday it was too late for him to change it. The jury is still definately out with regards to Mancini.

I think we need to make a new tactics handbook for Mr Mancini and David Twatt.

inGavious said:
Thankfully as soon as i saw the back four announced, i turned it off and did the housework, cos i knew we'd get torn apart.
Your opinion doesn't really mean much then, does it?

Project said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Yes, but sending off or not City always choke in these games. They will against Utd too.

Could have sworn we beat Arsenal 4-2 and 3-0 last year. Must be going senile in my old age.
As well as Chelsea 4-2 and Liverpool 3-0 this season, who will be around the top 6 come the end of the season.

Downhearted? well yes I suppose but more than that I'm proud of the lads - no lacking effort and no lacking skill, they fought like lions and the score disguises the number of excellent efforts on goal.
Playing 10 men against the Arsenal 11 was like custers last stand, it was an impossible disadvantage but heads didn't drop and it bodes well for the fast developing team spirit that will surely give us a top 3 finish this term.
It certainly hurt to walk away from CoMs with nil points but I felt honoured to have witnessed the fortitude and terrific pride of our boys in action and I was equally proud of the fans around me who kept up the singinging and banter until the dying seconds. 1-0 would have silenced the swamp but we flew the flag in the face of defeat and that's what great teams and great fans do (rarely seen in english football).
My thanks to the club, the manager, the team and my fellow blues. I called in the club shop and bought a new scarf on the way out - not that I needed one but more the case I was paying my tribute to the day.

Please explain how Spuds are miles ahead.

Or have you not seen what they are trotting out in their back four?

-- Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 pm --
I could try to explain but I'm not sure why because if you look, I NEVER SAID THAT !!, I said we are some way behind imo, we are imo, thats the difference between the champions league and the europa league, I'm not slagging off my team I'm merely giving an opinion, as I said it's a forum, thats what we are supposed to do , take the emotion out of it for a second and look at it , yes we are closer than we have been in a long time to being title contenders, but still have a way to go IMO.

No, you said you thought we were "quite a bit behind...even Spurs". Last year, I agree that this was true, hence they're playing Champs League and we are hosting Austrians. I'm not being emotional and didn't intend to come off that way. i simply feel that were are actually in a better position than Spurs, and are much more solid at the back, which, by the end of THIS season, would make us favorites to finish ahead of them. I think we're far from a finished product, but are in a better position this season than spurs and possibly even the rags. My opinion is that we're better than Spurs, so I'm asking you, why do you think Spurs are better?

inGavious said:

You cant play 4 central defenders across the back, cos they all naturally think as central defenders. Why put Boateng at leftback, Richards at rightback and Boyata in the middle, then bring Bridge on at halftime?

I assume Lescott was injured? But Boateng should have gone in the centre and Bridge should have started.

and why Adebayor didnt start against his old team, espescially after his 3 goals in mid-week is just beyond me. Everyone knows, apart from Mancini, that the Arsenal games just brings him more alive. Cant blame him if Ade wants to leave in January now.

But again, Mancini just shows he doesnt know the english game tactics. He's fine in europe and against fellow italian mangers, but everyone else who he comes up against he just doesnt know what do to until an hour into a game. And yesterday it was too late for him to change it. The jury is still definately out with regards to Mancini.

So you couldnt even be bothered to watch it on tv, yet you come on here to have a moan?

Ffs this place does my head in sometimes.

bluefandk said:
inGavious said:

So you couldnt even be bothered to watch it on tv, yet you come on here to have a moan?

Ffs this place does my head in sometimes.

This. Some of you lot are just looking for something to be bitter about. Im pretty sure Mancinis plans were scuppered when the red card came. There is no planning for such an event so early on but the team did good besides a few mistakes and a wonder goal from Song. At least WATCH THE GAME before you have a moan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.