Well played lads....

Nice to see Micha back to form looked excellent going forward well played lads until the 3rd went in i thought we were always in it (Barry was utter shit )

DetCity said:
themadinventor said:
why is it that because I dont agree with your every word I'm a united fan, it's my opinion based on what I saw, this is a forum, that means we all get to give our thoughts on what we have seen, I wonder if we can just agree to disagree like gentlemen, I for one dont want a row with a FELLOW BLUE.
i could always scan a picture of my card if it helps lol

Please explain how Spuds are miles ahead.

Or have you not seen what they are trotting out in their back four?

-- Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 pm --
I could try to explain but I'm not sure why because if you look, I NEVER SAID THAT !!, I said we are some way behind imo, we are imo, thats the difference between the champions league and the europa league, I'm not slagging off my team I'm merely giving an opinion, as I said it's a forum, thats what we are supposed to do , take the emotion out of it for a second and look at it , yes we are closer than we have been in a long time to being title contenders, but still have a way to go IMO.
Big Dave Watson said:
and they won us what exactly? Chamions League qualification, erm, No.

Three straight wins over the current title holders is something to be proud of. If Champions League is your barometer for worthwhile football, and you are a City fan (which I believe you are), you've wasted three decades. The football we played the last three wins against Chelsea made me prouder to be a City fan than any time I remember. I love good, gutsy football, which I thought most of City played today. No, Wayne Bridge, I'm not refering to you.

I must say i was surprised how upbeat
this place was last night. I didn't feel quite
the same so had an early night thinking all
would be well in the morning.
Well morning is here and i'm still fckin' sick.

BlueMo' said:

Bad day at the office.It happens.It's so long since we've been done in that some people have forgotten how to take it.

Great night in the boozer after the game last night-the old City gallows humour came through again.

That's the one thing,no matter what we achieve-that we must always keep.

I thought we matched them for an hour despite being down to 10 men. Clearly we started to tire badly at that point though and they were so clinical in front of goal, it was depressing. I reckon we must have created as many decent chances as them though, so loads of positives to take from the match. Still a sickener, mind.

RBmk2 said:
BlueMo' said:

Bad day at the office.It happens.It's so long since we've been done in that some people have forgotten how to take it.

Great night in the boozer after the game last night-the old City gallows humour came through again.

That's the one thing,no matter what we achieve-that we must always keep.

I've not forgotten, i always feel like this after getting beat.
Sunderland was the time before i do believe...Oh no wait...West Brom

I usually after a defeat am down hearted but after that yesterday I was upbeat about our performance. To go down to ten men against the best passing team in the league and still win the game is one of the hardest things to ask a team , 11 on 11 would have been hard enough. I honestly belive though that if it were 11 on 11 we would have won the game , we started brightly and had chances getting down the right hand side . But the sending off killed the spirit , it was a sending off and just inexperience on boyatas part . I am chuffed that we still went at Arsenal , we had our chances even with 10 and if we had stuck one away then I would have believed we had a chance. We kept on going until the final whistle and were still trying despite being 3-0 down . You could see though as soon as arsenal went up by a man they were up for it , first four minutes and we were dominating the game then that sending off sparked them into life . Throughout the first half we had to shuffle alot and never really got comfortable , but I am really proud of our lads after that a bit more luck and we would have won the game imo . Alot of us were expecting us to beat arsenal , a team 3 years ago we would have said no way , no chance . it shows how far this club has come and realistically i don't feel we have to worry about arsenal . FFS if they were real title contenders they wouldn't have lost to west brom at home . They can't take anything from that victory as it was unfair stargiht from the get go , so they beat 10 men it doesn't prove anything in my eyes . We are still beter than the arse and the rags and we can bounce back next week with a win at wolves . The lads shouldn't feel down hearted as they played very well for a team that lost 3-0 and the scoreline flattered them in the end . We will finish higher than them , they may have the fancy football , but we have the passion and the commitment of champions , aswell as the fancy football . Win next week it will all be forgotten , mind you I have forgotten about it already

I just have to congratulate City on a fantastic performance. With 11 men on the pitch we would have walked the match. Brilliant performances from the likes of Silva, Tevez, Richards, Hart, the whole team deserves credit for their effort, on another day it could quite easily have been a different result even after going down to 10 men.

Regarding the sending off (I'm having to post this as I'm finding it difficult to get on the forum, due to the slight possible banning of it, where I am, due to possible ill-advised topics I posted off topic) I wouldn't personally blame Boyata for the sending off, or Mancini for his selection, I would have picked exactly the same team. I think the tackle, just the same as Kompany's, who I must remind you is considered perhaps the best CB in the league at the moment, was miss timed by such a fraction of a second it even looked close in super slowmo. Excellent linesmanship to spot the 2 incidents.

It is a one-off result which will not happen again after this performance we must be confident that we can produce the goods for a garanteed 4th place, if not better.

right lets clear something up, it was not a MISSED penalty it was a SAVED penalty. A missed penalty is when the ball misses the target, ie the goal. easy innit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.