Well played lads....

It's very strange that I think we played well for most of the game today (apart from when Arsenal played good posession football late in the second half) and we lost 3-0. I thought they seemed like they really wanted it and hats off to Richards today running himself into the ground and attacking the Arsenal back line.
No doubt that it was a sending off though, Boyata had a big decision and made the wrong choice but it won't change the fact that he is a big talent and will keep getting better for us in the future. I don't think it was a mistake for Mancini to play him in a big game like this, look how well he did against Chelsea.
Chin up Boyata and let's just concentrate on getting back to winning ways for the next game City. CTID

themadinventor said:
shaiomarali said:
i made a sin in not including de Jong,

so proud. just. so proud.
Just so proud of what exactly ??, they showed good heart yes, but imo that should be the minimum requirement, the sending off made no difference in the first half, we had chances and didnt take them, with 10 or 11 men on the pitch that would have been the same, I think the game showed that for all of our bigging up we are still far from the finished product and still quite a way behind chelsea , man united , arsenal and even spurs.get ready for another season of europa league next season.

knew there would be some rags on here, but 7 posts, uv got too much time on your hands.

themadinventor said:
shaiomarali said:

Just so proud of what exactly ??, they showed good heart yes, but imo that should be the minimum requirement, the sending off made no difference in the first half, we had chances and didnt take them, with 10 or 11 men on the pitch that would have been the same, I think the game showed that for all of our bigging up we are still far from the finished product and still quite a way behind chelsea , man united , arsenal and even spurs.get ready for another season of europa league next season.

Not sure how you can reach that conclusion. But for a brilliant save we would have been 1-0 up after 2 minutes.

Facts are this though - quarter of the season gone and we are level on points with United and Arsenal. And that's without 3 of our new signings for the entire time. If thats "some way behind" then I will take it.

themadinventor said:
shaiomarali said:

Sigh, another one. All in fucking denial.

When I saw the teamsheet of city i was delighted. Why? Boyata and Barry, two players who cant't cut the top level. May take boyata a year or two. Barry should of stayed at villa. Red card, clear sending off. Penalty, nailed on. Yellow cards he gave djorou a yellow for a nothing challenge. 3-0 flatters us but i dont care one bit.

Silva was misplacing passes and tevez looked off the pace (rest didn't do him much good). Some baffling tactics from Mancini.

Oh well beat the scums and you will be title contenders once again. No ones ruling city out just need chelsea to lose, can liverpool do them? Hope so

(HAPPY TRUE GOOOONER)

i think Barry and Bridge were shite today. great heart shown by them all. especially de jong for really sticking it on fabregas a couple of times . still feel we lacked that creative spark in midfield to accompany silva.

themadinventor said:
shaiomarali said:

So what if we are miles off the end product, seriously only just missed out on the CL places by a point last year and now the expectation is the title? Get real. It isn't going to happen overnight, Yaya in the middle offered a lot of ballast in terms of support and having to drop to CB it just ruined any chance of us keeping possession especially in the 4th minute after 70 minutes its just impossible to keep going a man short. We will finish 4th or above this season, Liverpool are crap, Spurs dropped a couple of points, we are still in a strong position and will push forwards by winning the derby.

Sky Blue said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Sorry but this glory in defeat nonsense is shit. Yet again we have failed to step up on the big ocassion.

Could see this coming a mile off.

Start of week, Rooney on his way out, Utd dropping points at home, everyone bigging City up including Sunday Supplement tossers later on(even Neville and Terry), then end of week Rooney U-Turn, Utd away win and back on track. Stage set for typical City to let you down again.

Results against Sunderland and Blackburn now showing their significance. Dont use the sending off as an excuse. We always cock up when the big chance presents itself.

GTF....like you're a fuckin blue. Sigh....

Get the Blue tinted specs off will you. Its brilliant that we are up there at the moment but we have rode our luck so far this season. This kind of thing has always been on the cards, sending off or not. We got away with it at Spurs, beat a very poor Liverpool, came up short at Sunderland, gifted Blackburn a point, were handed victory by a piss poor Wigan defence, got the rub of the green against Newcastle and Blackpool. You see where I am coming from? Only the win against Chelsea was a really good performance. Lets see what comes of two difficuly trips to the midlands and the scum at home. Remember the end of last season against Utd and Spurs when we couldnt step up to the plate? It just happened again today.

True Gooner said:
When I saw the teamsheet of city i was delighted. Why? Boyata and Barry, two players who cant't cut the top level. May take boyata a year or two. Barry should of stayed at villa. Red card, clear sending off. Penalty, nailed on. Yellow cards he gave djorou a yellow for a nothing challenge. 3-0 flatters us but i dont care one bit.

Silva was misplacing passes and tevez looked off the pace (rest didn't do him much good). Some baffling tactics from Mancini.

Oh well beat the scums and you will be title contenders once again. No ones ruling city out just need chelsea to lose, can liverpool do them? Hope so

(HAPPY TRUE GOOOONER)

Silva was on par with Fabregas if not better today, what you on about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.