Well Well ....interesting read

Re: Elano causing trouble???

Disturbance said:
LOL, it took me 10 seconds and 2 mouse-clicks to find this thread.

Carry on.

And I bet it's been the highlight of your day.

I wish my life had room to fill with little pleasures like that...

BRAZIL midfielder Elano has spelt out his determination to break into the City first team after shining for the Selecao against Italy on Tuesday.

The 27-year-old scored one goal and fired a swerving effort just inches over in a fine performance that left some Blues fans asking why he hasn't been playing for City.

He said: "I am very hungry to show what I am capable of, to show that I can be useful, and I think I proved that.

"But I do not have to prove anything to anyone. I only try to prove it to myself and, because I work hard every day, I know how difficult it is.

"However, that is all I can say. I am a lucky man and in important games I always end up appearing."

Elano was fined by City boss Mark Hughes in November for speaking out about his lack of first-team appearances in a specially arranged television interview and was linked with a move away from Eastlands in the winter transfer window.

However, Elano added: "The Manchester City coach also believes in me.

"But he has his way of putting the team on the pitch and I respect that because that's the way it is.

"But I will continue to work hard so I can get into his plans and play, because what can you do? I have to work and do my best.

"Because if I give up and leave everything will be worse for me.

"I never choose to act different. I always try to do my best wherever I play."

Disturbance said:
BRAZIL midfielder Elano has spelt out his determination to break into the City first team after shining for the Selecao against Italy on Tuesday.

The 27-year-old scored one goal and fired a swerving effort just inches over in a fine performance that left some Blues fans asking why he hasn't been playing for City.

He said: "I am very hungry to show what I am capable of, to show that I can be useful, and I think I proved that.

"But I do not have to prove anything to anyone. I only try to prove it to myself and, because I work hard every day, I know how difficult it is.

"However, that is all I can say. I am a lucky man and in important games I always end up appearing."

Elano was fined by City boss Mark Hughes in November for speaking out about his lack of first-team appearances in a specially arranged television interview and was linked with a move away from Eastlands in the winter transfer window.

However, Elano added: "The Manchester City coach also believes in me.

"But he has his way of putting the team on the pitch and I respect that because that's the way it is.

"But I will continue to work hard so I can get into his plans and play, because what can you do? I have to work and do my best.

"Because if I give up and leave everything will be worse for me.

"I never choose to act different. I always try to do my best wherever I play."

Bwahahahaha! I'm actually laughing out loud at how much of a muppet you are

I'm glad that this has been bumped because I think it's really interesting.

I really had forgotten that we were in the bottom 3 before Christmas and looking back at the post now I have to say that Mark Hughes really seems to have turned things around.

It's interesting that despite all the rumours regarding Elano being on his way out of the club he's still here and wants to fight for his place in the starting 11 on a regular basis by the sounds of it. This is good news for all City fans because our squad is still wafer thin and there's no doubt that Elano can play a bit when in the mood.

I also like the way that Mark Hughes has stuck to his guns in buying the players he feels can take us to the next level whilst not bowing to the demands of the clubs prima donna players - his policies are beginning to pay dividends.

Now we just need to win away from home - which we cannot do at the moment. Hope we buck the trend on Saturday cos all City fans making the long journey to Pompey deserve something to cheer about.

For what it's worth I don't think, and never have thought, that Elano is/ was a 'prima donna'.

I believe he believes in his own ability and has probably wondered why Hughes doesn't see it. I also think he got frustrated at his game not coming together as he wanted it. In my head, Elano's strops have not really been at Hughes, but his own lack of consistency at a club where he could be a hero, which probably want he wants more than anything.

Crossed wires lead to a lot of complications.

Bigga said:
For what it's worth I don't think, and never have thought, that Elano is/ was a 'prima donna'.

I believe he believes in his own ability and has probably wondered why Hughes doesn't see it. I also think he got frustrated at his game not coming together as he wanted it. In my head, Elano's strops have not really been at Hughes, but his own lack of consistency at a club where he could be a hero, which probably want he wants more than anything.

Also bullshit spouted by the media to make a crisis out of a drama methinks!

Bigga said:

LOL...

C'mon Bigga...that interview with SSN was unforgivable...

When was the last time you remember a player who had been dropped for THREE league games going out and giving an interview basically ratting out the manager to the owners?

BillyShears said:
Bigga said:

LOL...

C'mon Bigga...that interview with SSN was unforgivable...

When was the last time you remember a player who had been dropped for THREE league games going out and giving an interview basically ratting out the manager to the owners?
You're using your own speculation to bolster a non existent argument. I'd also like you to re-admit the SSN evidence, pls?

I'm speaking of my own view on his temperament and frustration, back then. When i was in my prime, playing footy, I could spray passes around like Hoddle, no problem, but I got frustrated with my coach who never saw the beauty in my ability.

Of course, you need more to be a team player and Elano is/ has learning/learned the merits of that. You can't always be Brasilian and expect to grace every football team because of that fact. Clearly, Hughes wants a little more out of Elano and elano wants Hughes to respect what he can do.

As I've said recently, the signs between the two look promising.

The interview with SSN was unforgivable hey Billy? Stop being such a soft drama queen. What's more unforgivable is the amount of leaks from the club criticising players and bigging up the under-performing management.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.