Radio commentary

City’s Destiny

Sky News reports

https://youtu.be/LDWQDynlQrc

Aguerooooo

https://youtu.be/u62haUFHDaU

Light at the end of a long dark tunnel

https://youtu.be/Fifh6otxBII

Ha ha, I made that City's Destiny video you posted. I made it about 11 years ago on an old laptop with Windows Movie Maker after ripping the footage off another YouTube video. I might have gone a bit overboard with the video effects, sorry (I didn't really know what i was doing!)

Booked a holiday in Tunisia the Monday after York away and in typical City fashion we got to the playoffs.

I wasn't fully pissed off until I tried to find a bar, back in the day Sky sports 2 wasn't available in Tunisia, ended up getting updates from a Gillingham girl who had a friend at the game, she fucked off for a shower at full-time.

Everyone at home who would know the score were either there on on the piss. Took fucking hours to find out the result.

Ha ha, I made that City's Destiny video you posted. I made it about 11 years ago on an old laptop with Windows Movie Maker after ripping the footage off another YouTube video. I might have gone a bit overboard with the video effects, sorry (I didn't really know what i was doing!)

Mate, I love that video!

You need to do a sequel using the same song with the 93:20 highlights.

I was at Wembley to the left of the goal where the shootout took place

At 0-2, I thought it was over, and another season in the third tier was inevitable.

When SuperKev Mk I scored, the lad next to me didn’t even bother celebrating, though I and most of the others around us did. When Dicky equalised, we just went mental, and after we’d calmed down, I had the feeling that there was a certain inevitability that we’d win. The Welsh PEG had replaced his forwards with defenders, so Gillingham had very little attacking threat.

When Dickov went through in a one-on-one in extra time, he really should have scored, but that would have denied Richard Edghill his moment.

I was staying with friends in Barnet, and the journey back there seemed to take ages and I was shattered by the time I arrived at their house, though we did go to their local for a few celebratory pints.

I spent most of the next day singing, "You can stuff your fucking treble up your arse!" At one point, my mate, an Arsenal supporter, asked if I was tired of singing it yet, so I asked him if he was tired of hearing it. "No, not really," was his response.

It was the start of the long road back and an incredible journey.

It was my first trip to Wembley. I remember being very unhappy at not being allowed to go to the Wembley Cup FInal in 1981. BY that time I had been going to City on my own, or with a friend from school, but my Mum and Dad would not let me go to London on my own. I remember being impressed by the twin towers from a distance, but up close Wembley was crumbling. I was right at the back of the stand. I remember looking down and thinking the view from behind the goal must be rubbish.

People might disagree but from the inside the new Wembley is absolutely stunning and blows the old one out of the water. No comparison at all. Wembley is by far the best stadium (from the inside) that I have ever been to.

Random memories of the day:

Gillingham fans. They were tourists. Loads of silly jokers hats, and families. They weren't football fans. Watford were a modern day equivalent.
The feeling of utter desolation at 2-0. I think I must have really expected to win that day because from Boxing Day we had been on a great run.
The elation of the equaliser. I remember the penalty shoot out. I remember the exhaustion and disbelief afterwards, and the feeling of utter satisfaction on the train trip back.
I also remember watching it back loads of times and looking for the reactions on fans faces when Dickov scored.

It was the start of the long road back and an incredible journey.

It was my first trip to Wembley. I remember being very unhappy at not being allowed to go to the Wembley Cup FInal in 1981. BY that time I had been going to City on my own, or with a friend from school, but my Mum and Dad would not let me go to London on my own. I remember being impressed by the twin towers from a distance, but up close Wembley was crumbling. I was right at the back of the stand. I remember looking down and thinking the view from behind the goal must be rubbish.

People might disagree but from the inside the new Wembley is absolutely stunning and blows the old one out of the water. No comparison at all. Wembley is by far the best stadium (from the inside) that I have ever been to.

Random memories of the day:

Gillingham fans. They were tourists. Loads of silly jokers hats, and families. They weren't football fans. Watford were a modern day equivalent.
The feeling of utter desolation at 2-0. I think I must have really expected to win that day because from Boxing Day we had been on a great run.
The elation of the equaliser. I remember the penalty shoot out. I remember the exhaustion and disbelief afterwards, and the feeling of utter satisfaction on the train trip back.
I also remember watching it back loads of times and looking for the reactions on fans faces when Dickov scored.

I find the whole Wembley experience sterile , fantastic inside but the area around is all a bit shit, the Millennium ( Principality) stadium is better situated and is far more enjoyable imo

I was there with 7 of my mates. All sat in a row. At 2 nil I wanted out but a very good mate said no we stay. So we stayed. Thanks Fudge.

Bedlam at 2 all and bedlam when weaver saved the penalty.

Out of the 7 of us, 6 still go regularly. Great picture from wembley of us celebrating the treble.

After the treble parade I bumped into Gareth Taylor in the Lower Turks Head pub. Told him not to forget that without his goal v Stoke none of it would have happened. It started the momentum. Anyone at that game must surely remember the atmosphere changed, City actually woke up to reality. Before there had been a sense of self pity. No one but ourselves was going to change things.

I find the whole Wembley experience sterile , fantastic inside but the area around is all a bit shit, the Millennium ( Principality) stadium is better situated and is far more enjoyable imo
I am not really interested in the surrounding area. The view from your seat at Wembley is stunning. Sterile? I would not say that. I doubt there's better place in the world to watch football.

I am not really interested in the surrounding area. The view from your seat at Wembley is stunning. Sterile? I would not say that. I doubt there's better place in the world to watch football.
We'll have to agree to disagree, although, i'd imagine the Charity Shield game against Liverpool won't be as sterile as the cup final against Watford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.