Wembley being sold?

Sell it. Get england games on the road again, get semi finals back to nuetral grounds.
As long as the money is ploughed into grass routes, 4G pitches etc.... and thats the thing i dont trust them to do
FFS the guy isn't buying it to knock down he's buying it as a going concern meaning England will continue to play the majority of games there and FA Cup semi-finals will also be played there.
WTF has been said to make you and so many others think England will "go on the road" other than for the occasional game?

I should point out that the FA never owned Wembley stadium until the early 90s and took the major cut of the attendance revenue before hand - so what will change if it is sold?
Aye, Wembley was owned by a private company, and was rented by the FA for Internationals and Cup Finals. It staged lots of events including Speedway, Dog Racing, Rugby League, as well as concerts.

During the 1966 World Cup, Wembley was not available for the France-Uruguay group match because it was a Dog Racing day. They had to stage the match at the White City Stadium.

FFS the guy isn't buying it to knock down he's buying it as a going concern meaning England will continue to play the majority of games there and FA Cup semi-finals will also be played there.
WTF has been said to make you and so many others think England will "go on the road" other than for the occasional game?

Alright calm down. Nothing has been said to ‘make’ me think anything. Im expressing a fuckin opinion if thats ok!

I think England matches should go on the road. Spread the love.

Monday blues ?

Alright calm down. Nothing has been said to ‘make’ me think anything. Im expressing a fuckin opinion if thats ok!
I think England matches should go on the road. Spread the love.
Monday blues ?
No. Merely pissed off that people in many areas are going on about England going on the road in a thread about Wembley being sold, when there is absolutely no reason why the new owner would agree to that proposal as it will hit one of his major income streams. The same applies to semis being moved.
I'd be perfectly happy if England played games all over the place (not the swamp obviously) but Wembley generates more cash. As for semi-finals; I'll get a ticket at any realistic venue, but many would miss out at traditional venues such as Hillsborough or Villa Park.

No. Merely pissed off that people in many areas are going on about England going on the road in a thread about Wembley being sold, when there is absolutely no reason why the new owner would agree to that proposal as it will hit one of his major income streams. The same applies to semis being moved.
I'd be perfectly happy if England played games all over the place (not the swamp obviously) but Wembley generates more cash. As for semi-finals; I'll get a ticket at any realistic venue, but many would miss out at traditional venues such as Hillsborough or Villa Park.

Dont be pissed off. I dont really care about England. But would prefer it all the same if they played all over.

And i think wembley should be for finals only.

Just saw this thread and thought I would come on to also offer a very nice bridge at a reasonable price...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.