wembley sold out ?

marco said:
just to add, tickets should be distributed by the fa based on the anount of season ticket holders at both clubs so city should have got 37k and wigan 15k (at a guess) so that being a total of 52k, 20k for the fa to pass around (black market tickets) total now 72k still leaving 18 thousand for further allocation; the fa heve really screwed up big time with this one there is in excess of 35k tickets floating about that are neither going to be sold or used
And if we were playing the rags, they should get 50% more than us?

marco said:
cleavers said:
So the corporates and neutrals won't turn up to watch the current English champions in the most prestigious domestic cup final in the world ?

It'll be full (until 5 minutes from the end, when people try to best the traffic).

would you go and see united if there their next year?

if they are playing us yes :)

marco said:
I wouldn't be either neutral, nor corporate, so its not relevant to me, these tickets get sold every other year, even when Portsmouth, Cardiff, and Millwall get there, so why not Wigan ?

In fact Portsmouth v Cardiff is the record cup final crowd since they returned to Wembley.

Tbilisi said:
Message for Stuart B at The MEN - need something on this now Stuart,many Blues are going to miss out on this,including me, as can only get tickets for 2 of my lads.

Our kid in though(Wigan end)you will be please to know.

Great point that, city fans because of daft distribution of tickets city fans forced to buy in
Wigan end which probably increases chances of trouble (from the minority few)

cleavers said:
So the corporates and neutrals won't turn up to watch the current English champions in the most prestigious domestic cup final in the world ?

It'll be full (until 5 minutes from the end, when people try to beat the traffic).
I think it will be full, but the FA Cup is slowly declining because of the prominence of the Champions League and the Premiership and this is City v Wigan not Man Utd v Arsenal

cleavers said:
marco said:
I wouldn't be either neutral, nor corporate, so its not relevant to me, these tickets get sold every other year, even when Portsmouth, Cardiff, and Millwall get there, so why not Wigan ?

In fact Portsmouth v Cardiff is the record cup final crowd since they returned to Wembley.

thats the point they get SOLD as from a neutral point of view 'if i was neutral' i wouldnt walk across the road to watch wigan if it was free with a sunday dinner unless it was city they were playing ofcourse, there simply not the peoples choice

Sadly the FA Cup is in decline. Importantly it's not the fans that have caused this. It's tin pot managers that put out weakened teams in the FA Cup in order to finish 12th in the Premier League. The lethargy shown by some clubs has a direct impact on the fans who think 'why should we turn up when the club clearly aren't prioritising this competition. Also the 'glory' of 4th place finishes has diluted the impact of the cup.

I have no doubt though that the memories of winning the Cup will live with me a lot longer than our failed Champions League campaigns thus far. The game is still about glory !!

cleavers said:
Neither were Portsmouth v Cardiff, yet they have the biggest crowd for a final back at the new wembley.

in general when a team like cardiff gets to the final the whole town turns out,its a fun day with the kids etc all tickets sold,maybe with wigan being a rugby town this has a lot to do with it,but their track record of attending at the etihad and other grounds is dire, fulham bring more to city

cleavers said:
Neither were Portsmouth v Cardiff, yet they have the biggest crowd for a final back at the new wembley.
But Pompey and Cardiff have a significant supporter base that would snap up tickets from all sources and that was 5 years ago when FA Cups at the new Wembley were new. Club Wembley and Corporate "clients" have seen a few now

I think if Club Wembley was more or less full for City v Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final it will be full for the FA Cup Final, but there is a little doubt. I'm sure there will be some big gaps too in the Wigan end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.