wembley sold out ?

marco said:
cleavers said:
Neither were Portsmouth v Cardiff, yet they have the biggest crowd for a final back at the new wembley.

in general when a team like cardiff gets to the final the whole town turns out,its a fun day with the kids etc all tickets sold,maybe with wigan being a rugby town this has a lot to do with it,but their track record of attending at the etihad and other grounds is dire, fulham bring more to city
The point about the town turning out .if you wernt a regular would you stump up £105 for your kids ? The season ticket holders took the cheap seats leaving the expensive ones for those wanting the final experiance .£440 for a family of 4 !!!

marco said:
just to add, tickets should be distributed by the fa based on the anount of season ticket holders at both clubs so city should have got 37k and wigan 15k (at a guess) so that being a total of 52k, 20k for the fa to pass around (black market tickets) total now 72k still leaving 18 thousand for further allocation; the fa heve really screwed up big time with this one there is in excess of 35k tickets floating about that are neither going to be sold or used

This idea is ridiculous. What happens next time we draw Utd at Wembley? Do they get more tickets than us? As that's what your suggesting.

marco said:
cleavers said:
Neither were Portsmouth v Cardiff, yet they have the biggest crowd for a final back at the new wembley.

in general when a team like cardiff gets to the final the whole town turns out,its a fun day with the kids etc all tickets sold,maybe with wigan being a rugby town this has a lot to do with it,but their track record of attending at the etihad and other grounds is dire, fulham bring more to city
OK but there were still expensive tickets then, there were corporate tickets sold then, and there were many neutrals in attendance. That's my point, they still filled it, and while the whole town might turn up, I imagine many of the Wigan fans in attendance won't be regular matchgoers, but will be there for a fun day, remember its their first FA Cup final.

The FA Cup might be in decline (though I'm not convinced it is), but the FA Cup Final isn't, around the world it will still be one of the biggest sporting TV audiences this year, and one of its biggest attractions in its history is the underdog getting to the final, so it hasn't disappointed this year.

I think it will be pretty well full, I'm sure all the tickets have been allocated, perhaps a handful of empty seats in the Wigan sections, and while that may be frustrating for those blues without a ticket, I can't see any easy solution for that, other than risking going down on the day and buying one on the black market, if you do then hold out till kick off, because the prices will shrink dramatically if the touts think they won't shift them.

I don't know why any neutral would spend up to £115 on a ticket, knowing who is in the final and then decide they can't be arsed going after all.

Club Wembley is a different issue. Whether you agree with the idea of it or not, we all know the reasons behind it and these people have forked out vast sums of money up front. What matches they do and don't turn up to is entirely up to them and whinging about it is as futile as the tedious, never ending debate about City season tickets holders who don't go to every game. No amount of letters from Stuart or anyone else are going to fill their seats if they decide not to go or sell on their seats.

Don't know why people seem to think City are some kind of special case. Every year, many fans of the clubs don't get to the final. We should be grateful we're playing probably the least supported team who've made a final in modern history and will have more fans at the game than if we'd been playing probably anyone else in the top two divisions.

tidyman said:
Don't know why people seem to think City are some kind of special case. Every year, many fans of the clubs don't get to the final. We should be grateful we're playing probably the least supported team who've made a final in modern history and will have more fans at the game than if we'd been playing probably anyone else in the top two divisions.
Totally agree, and why is there an obsession about "empty seats" with City fans ? So long as you have one, does it really matter ? If the one next to me is empty I'll consider it a bonus as I'll have more room :)

cleavers said:
So the corporates and neutrals won't turn up to watch the current English champions in the most prestigious domestic cup final in the world ?

It'll be full (until 5 minutes from the end, when people try to beat the traffic).
Loads of empty seat around me at the stoke final. I was in club wembley

chinley blues said:
cleavers said:
So the corporates and neutrals won't turn up to watch the current English champions in the most prestigious domestic cup final in the world ?

It'll be full (until 5 minutes from the end, when people try to beat the traffic).
Loads of empty seat around me at the stoke final. I was in club wembley

You should see how empty our ground is after 85 minutes but i guess people paid their money so it's their choice

I also think that the daft kick-off time doesn't help, I mean should we win the FA CUP we won't be getting out of the ground till after 20-00hrs then another 5-6hrs on the coach home so maybe with a bit of luck you maybe back at the Etithad stadium sometime around 3'00 clock in the morning and even later should it go to extra-time and penalties

just registered with wembley logged on, only a few hundred left mainly in Bobby Moore area, cheapest £239 (about 100) rest are upwards top priced £569, so maybe a few unsold seats on day but if this is total amount left not many in grand scheme. Need to wait to go down in price cant pay that, need 3 for me and kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.