Wembley Thread (merged)

Re: How are ticket sales going?

bennyboy said:
I know and understand that season ticket holders get first chance of tickets but is it fair that 1250 points gets a ticket before city card holders with more points.Season gets 1000 straight away.there was hundreds of points for cup games recently,so they went to 2 at most.City card holders with 2000- 4000 are more loyal in my opinion.

Yeh, should be on points accrued regardless of on an st or cc IMO.

Re: WEMBLEY SOLD OUT

Bilboblue said:
wow.....just wow.

wtf is the score with the ticket office?

in my original post I said the bloke on the phone had told me it had sold out and they were waiting for more tickets to be released by Wembley.
Apparently (a lady on the phone just now told me) they received these extra tickets at 11-40am, and I just bought two of the last ones available at £50 each (one for me, one for my son).

Seems a shite way of doing it and there MUST be a separate allocation for walk-ups.
I have been using my home phone and mobile to get through and must have called the club over 150 times.
Still, it has paid off in the end.

See you there Blues!

*cracks open a beer to wind down*

Nice one Bill.... chuffed for you!

Are you meeting up with the North Manc firm then ;-)

Re: Banner For Wembley

Steriot said:
Carlos Tevez: From rags to riches

This is the best one. It has more than one meaning in the sense that we're reminding them he came to us and it reminds them of their debt and our financial certainty. And I like the double meaning of the word 'rags'.

Brilliant.

bennyboy said:
I know and understand that season ticket holders get first chance of tickets but is it fair that 1250 points gets a ticket before city card holders with more points.Season gets 1000 straight away.there was hundreds of points for cup games recently,so they went to 2 at most.City card holders with 2000- 4000 are more loyal in my opinion.

I agree with you and am one of those who has a CC with points and has missed out. But we knew the rules at the start of the season. Seasoncard holders get first chance at tickets and always have. No complaints from me even if as you say there will be people at Wembley who are new fans who have hardly been to a game before this season and don't bother with cup games.

masterwig said:
bennyboy said:

I agree with you and am one of those who has a CC with points and has missed out. But we knew the rules at the start of the season. Seasoncard holders get first chance at tickets and always have. No complaints from me even if as you say there will be people at Wembley who are new fans who have hardly been to a game before this season and don't bother with cup games.

I disagree. I think the 'priority to Seasoncard' system is old fashioned and dates back to a time when clubs had no idea who their most loyal fans were and so opted for this as a 'best option'. Trouble is it discriminates against poorer supporters and shift workers, and it's high time a club stopped doing it. The excuse that 'it's always been done this way' doesn't wash, because these days systems are in place to tell clubs who their most loyal fans are, and they'll be the ones with the most loyalty points. The fact that a newbie season ticket holder gets priority over a City supporter of long standing with many more loyalty points is just wrong and needs sorting imo.

sniff said:
bennyboy said:

Is it fair that people with less than that got tickets on the first day... no.

but the way they did it this year isnt fair.
stirring up shit again
if you were in the CDS you would have had
10+100+100+100 =310 points plus your points for a seasoncard = 1310 points as a minimum
plus CDS scheme =50 points
grand total 1360
therefore they would have got a ticket anyway

the club got it spot on

Re: Which london pub are we turning blue then?

allan harper said:
Greenjob said:
I'm planning on getting down there for about 1100hrs, fancy meeting up in a pub?

Can do mate, we should be down their about 10ish setting off at 5am
PM me with your mobile number or contact via kippax36@hotmail.com Look forward to it.

squirtyflower said:
sniff said:

stirring up shit again
10+100+100+100 =310 points plus your points for a seasoncard = 1310 points as a minimum
grand total 1360

the club got it spot on

no not stiring shit at all you just cant seem to understand the point the guy made.

fail to see what 1310 points has to do with anything, once again you wade in without looking. Once again you argued with yourself. I think you have a problem, i really do.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:09 pm --<br /><br />
squirtyflower said:
sniff said:

stirring up shit again
grand total 1360

the club got it spot on

no not stiring shit at all you just cant seem to understand the point the guy made.

fail to see what 1310 points has to do with anything, once again you wade in without looking. Once again you argued with yourself. I think you have a problem, i really do.

warpig said:
bennyboy said:

Yeh, should be on points accrued regardless of on an st or cc IMO.

But then thats flawed, you could have a seasonticket for a few years, rack up alot of points and then switch to a CityCard. Then you pick the games you want to attend throughout the year and get priority tickets to the bigger games.

Re: So the semi-tickets will sell out in the morning, and..

notts blue said:
still after a spare for this game??

anybody got one for me?

"You're only here for the tickets, here for the ticketssssss, you're only here for the tiiiickets..."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.